which truck would you buy?

ld17

Love my 2007 Ram Megacab (Hemi). So far no complaints, had a seal go on the front diff @ 90000km but was repaired no questions asked .

Its a beast of a truck, so its not great on fuel but i knew that going into it. Gas is offset by our VW TDI car .

Its driven hard, put through the paces in the back roads and she's not let me down yet.

Before I bought, i talked with a few of our fleet mechanics (City of Toronto) about issues with the Dodge VS Ford as the city has both in the fleet. Dodge was the winner hands down, and city vehicles are not likely babied.

I will start shopping for a new one next year, this time I,m going with the Ram Megacab with a Cummins.

Good luck in the search!

R

This things a beast. :w00t:

If I could afford the fuel,it would be my truck of choice.

This coming from a Ford guy,that went back to Dodge (MY FIRST RIDE). LOL

this time I,m going with the Ram

Ryan,have you seen the truck with this on the back window in town,,,,,,,,,

RAM THE DAUGHTER,DODGE THE FATHER,,,

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Edited by Misfish

I guess not. :dunno:

He has the Hemi in his truck.

What blew me away was that at the time he bought it Dodge was offering the free diesel upgrade and he declined it. :blink:

I don't know about you but I would have got the upgrade. ;)

He did say that his truck was the only mega cab they had in stock so maybe he just didn't want to wait for one. :dunno:

I checked into that when it was offered Not totally free, as is the case most times LOL.

Was set to grab a Power Wagon at the time.

A 2011 with a blown Tranny is kind of odd for any brand I would think, glad it went while under warranty .

Megacabs are a little tricker to find .

Only downside is god forbid you have to turn around on a tight logging road, 18 pt turn and you may be turned around .

Or how about when your wife wedges it in a ATM drive through :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Actually the Titan is a great truck it is Nissan that is morally bankrupt. A long story short but Nissan did not step up and repair a leak on a rear axle seal and that the repair included 2 new axles and seals $3200.oo due to a bulletin they had out. This was at 37,000 miles it was replaced with the ford.

Art

C7F81265-20D8-427B-985B-105134F2AABB-2298-000002CCF7F81F9B.jpg here is my brand new 2012 Chevy silverado LT Z71 5.3V8 4x4 very happy and it pulls my sleds and lunds like they are not even there !!!! I looked at all 3 brands and went with the Chevy !!!! Ford was going to be the one but decided with Chevy just my personal choice !!!! Love it

Actually the Titan is a great truck it is Nissan that is morally bankrupt. A long story short but Nissan did not step up and repair a leak on a rear axle seal and that the repair included 2 new axles and seals $3200.oo due to a bulletin they had out. This was at 37,000 miles it was replaced with the ford.

Art

You dont want to know what they want for a Titan up here. Stupid number.

I was FLABERGASTED.

C7F81265-20D8-427B-985B-105134F2AABB-2298-000002CCF7F81F9B.jpg here is my brand new 2012 Chevy silverado LT Z71 5.3V8 4x4 very happy and it pulls my sleds and lunds like they are not even there !!!! I looked at all 3 brands and went with the Chevy !!!! Ford was going to be the one but decided with Chevy just my personal choice !!!! Love it

Nice machine but why do you park on the wrong side of the road? :)

In the years your looking at buying id go with the Ram. The MDS makes the fuel issue much better if you don't have a heavy foot...I have the 2008 ram hemi 4x4.. I kid you not I just replaced the front breaks for the first time at 130 thou kms. I haven't had to touch the rears yet. The rear locked differential makes mud and snow as easy as pie..If things get slick the 4x works well. I have had 2 major issues with my Ram thou..Both my fault. The first issue was when it was a month old I decided it would be fun to go 4x4in in the forest..Sunk it in a DEEP puddle-pond and hydro locked the motor. Blew 3 holes thru the block.. Had to replace the Hemi. 2nd was a pinion gear snapped in the rear diff. I lent my truck to a buddy to go to the LCBO on Daytona opening weekend. He decided it would be a good idea to light up the beast with fresh tires on it and it snapped the pinion gear in 2. But like I said those were the only problems so far. All due to abuse and stupidity. I highly recommend the 2008 Ram over the 07 Ford any day..My father has the 07 Ford..Has been nothing but a disappointment. Front Breaks every 20 thou K, tie rods, starter motor and now she is a rust bucket, that was dripless oil sprayed every fall by me personally using high quality Crown dripless oil spray. The Dodge has no rust at all..Take from that what you will, just sharing my experience with the 2 trucks.

Sometimes rose colored glasses are worn by vehicle owners.... Here is an example. A friend of mine had a 84 Ford truck purchased used in 86 and he worked it hard delivering milk. It had 747000 actual KM on it and about half of that again idling as the reefer would only work with the motor running, when he finished using it. He replaced the normal wear and tear items, one transmission, 2 fuel pumps, and the block because the harmonic balancer shredded. This was over the course of 11 yrs. In 1992 he purchased a Z71 step side Chevrolet, in less than 7 months it had to have a new engine and a shortly after a new transmission.... To this day he is a GM guy and fords just suck. He wouldn't own one if you gave it to him.

His reason was because the ford left him on the side of the road 3 times during that 11yrs. His pickup when the engine was going went into limp mode and he made it to the garage for repairs avoiding a tow. When the tranny went it wouldn't leave his driveway, meaning he wasn't stuck on the side of road either?

In short I take anything someone says about any vechile they own with a grain of salt... LOL.

I have to agree with Canuck2fan... Its all personal opinion. There are vehicles that have past recurring issues, and that is something to keep in mind, but when buying new, or something that is a year or two old, well then all three are comparable, but they will all have their own issues.

I recently retired a Chev 305 with 600 000 km on it. Doesnt mean Im going to buy a new GM, and expect the same.

Very nice, I own a Ford but I'm a Chev man, I have to admit. Nice color.

This things a beast. :w00t:

If I could afford the fuel,it would be my truck of choice.

This coming from a Ford guy,that went back to Dodge (MY FIRST RIDE). LOL

Ryan,have you seen the truck with this on the back window in town,,,,,,,,,

RAM THE DAUGHTER,DODGE THE FATHER,,,

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

LOL. No I haven't .

I was going to go get a ford but the people at two ford dealerships here in barrie totally turned me off, called dodge and they were more than happy to help me out, put me into a 2011 ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 slt. Love it so far. Gas isnt the best but still better than my old explorer. For the price, very happy I went with dodge

Being comfortable with the dealership does go a long way when purchasing a vehicle.

Art

The Nissan Titan was going to be built by Chrysler but then the bottom of the economy fell out, especially with Chrysler and GM so that deal fell through...my buddy had a Titan......I believe it was a 2004 if that's the first year they came out with the full size truck....and he just traded in on a new Ford....but he said the Titan was GREAT....not sure why he didn't get another one.

Friends don't let friends drive dodge. I have a late model f150, and have been pretty happy with it so far! If those where my 2 options, I would go with the ford every time! The Chevy is also a good option if you can find one in the same price range. I've never met a dodge guy who was truly satisfied!

lol... i was a dodge guy and i was happy with my ram 1500... but i have a 2008 Sierra Z71 4x4 and its awsome :) i would never drive a ford, but thats a whole other thread lol :P plus both my parents are GM lifers

Thanks for all your responses. I test drove both trucks. I drove the ford first. Then the dodge. To me the ford felt better. The driver seat was more comfortable. Also which surprised me was the Dodge driver seat was all manual. The ford was all power. The dodge had more pick up. Obviously it had the bigger engine. Well I pulled the trigger tonight and bought the ford. I pick it up on Thursday. I hope I get many good years out of her. Again thanks for some of your tips. I'm getting a few things done for free that I think I would have overlooked.

Thanks for all your responses. I test drove both trucks. I drove the ford first. Then the dodge. To me the ford felt better. The driver seat was more comfortable. Also which surprised me was the Dodge driver seat was all manual. The ford was all power. The dodge had more pick up. Obviously it had the bigger engine. Well I pulled the trigger tonight and bought the ford. I pick it up on Thursday. I hope I get many good years out of her. Again thanks for some of your tips. I'm getting a few things done for free that I think I would have overlooked.

Good for you.. I was going to pipe in and say the drivers seat on the dodge is like sitting on plywood.. We have both dodges and fords as work trucks and everyone favours the fords in respect to comfort and fuel mileage.. Repairs so far favour the fords ( no one really cares because they are leases) as the dodges required front end work approximately every third oil change ( no kidding!)

I think dodge, chev, and ford all make solid trucks now. I do like the toyota tundra too, but dont like the pricetag that comes with it.

I was gonna buy a Toyota Tacoma or a Colorado but somehow ended up with a silverado (price had alot to do with it)

so far so good. we'll see what happens when the warranty runs out.

Fords, Dodges, Chevys, all good.

i've seen too many titans stuck on quinte and the niagara river.

i actually have a photo of a front wheel chevy lumina (car) pulling out a nissan titan out of pryners, as the back wheels of the truck locked up, and couldn't move...yes, it was december.