NF...Kamik Icecrusher... anyone have these?

Burtess

The daughters 16 year old boyfriend will be going ice fishing with me this season, IMO he has no appropriate footwear. All he wears is work boots (seriously, I don't think he wears anything but those and flip flops lol) and he tells me he wears them snowmobiling etc. and never gets cold feet. I think, wait till he gets them wet....

Kamik Icecrushers are on sale at Sears for $65. They are rated to -50C. I would get him the Titan's but they are over $100 and these may do. Anyone have these boots to give a quick review? Not much useful on line.

Kamik Icecrusher

Thanks!!

Burt :)

I have very similar ones.

They keep my feet warm and dry in 95% of the conditions.

I added a second insole to add a little more between the ice and my feet. Before that I would get cold feet.

They are not bad boots. but I am going to get a pair of good Baffin boots the replace them in the next year or two.

I would go with a better boot if you can afford them. If NOT, then these are OK.

I see the Titans are on sale at TSC for $89.99 right now.... GBW did you get them that cheap recently? I have Titans and they are the best.

Although this is her first boyfriend and they have been together for a few months now, you never know how long these things last :whistling: , so two years out of the boots may be plenty :dunno:

Burt :)

I have a pair of Kamiks similar to those, have had them for 3 years now and they keep my feet warm and dry. For the price they are great boots. My buddy wore his work boots ice fishing last year and as soon as we got back he went out and bought a pair of Kamiks.

I think those'll be fine. I picked up the insulated Baffin's from Canadian tire a couple years ago.....green rubbber with liners. Think I got'em for $50 around this time....now they're pretty much all I wear on the ice.

I got mine as a Christmas gift Burt but my folks gave me the bill incase I needed to exchange them. Looking at the bill they got them last year right around this time... LOL

The warranty is toast! Lol. If I buy them (4) boots they think I want to get rid of them. Better that I get stuff from them, But my CT parka has seen better days. I'll tell him that in and hour!

My green kamiks are great always used them on the ice with NO problem with cold feet.