2013 OFC TOURNEY?

limeyangler

I'm not sure how Joey selected teams but I can assure you there was no stacking when I was running it. Teams were picked through a random number generator. Some members requested certain teams and they were denied. Received some attitude about it too... lame.

The fact is; 10-12 members per team, you're lucky to get 3 active participants per team. The "stacked" teams may have 4 or 5 active participants. Team Captains can play a role in motivating team members but some players won't give it a second thought after signing up.

Individual Tourny?

Sounds great but I can predict the outcome. 100+ will join; 15 will be active, 5 will be competitive and Simon will win ;)

Perhaps organize a Facebook tourny.

I selected members as they signed up, so 1st person, team 1, second, team 2...... rinse repeat :) No stacking involved.

I agree, alot of people sign up, then don't submit any fish for the year. An individual tourney, in my opinion and experience, would be alot of work. Something I don't think I'd be interested in running. Alot of the entries I received were not hosted properly and I had to save to my computer then host them myself on my Flickr account. I just finished deleting a whole bunch of pics from my flickr account and computer last week from the tourney. Alot of things get forgotten in the entries to me aswell (lake, date etc.) and have to be followed up on. Hosting and posting and keeping track takes quite awhile and has to be done accurately. If it is individual, I'm afraid I don't think I'd be interested, but teams like usual, I'm in!

I selected members as they signed up, so 1st person, team 1, second, team 2...... rinse repeat :) No stacking involved.

I agree, alot of people sign up, then don't submit any fish for the year. An individual tourney, in my opinion and experience, would be alot of work. Something I don't think I'd be interested in running. Alot of the entries I received were not hosted properly and I had to save to my computer then host them myself on my Flickr account. I just finished deleting a whole bunch of pics from my flickr account and computer last week from the tourney. Alot of things get forgotten in the entries to me aswell (lake, date etc.) and have to be followed up on. Hosting and posting and keeping track takes quite awhile and has to be done accurately. If it is individual, I'm afraid I don't think I'd be interested, but teams like usual, I'm in!

As I said, if we want to try both I'll run the individuals. :)