2013 OFC TOURNEY?

limeyangler

I like the pressure of being relied on :) . Hell,I would of never heard the end of it,if I hadnt caught that whitie. Right me brudder. :whistling:

Joey did a great job,and Im sure it took alot of time and effort.

Again,I would like to thank her for her great donation of time to OFC 2012 tourney. :canadian::worthy::clapping:

Edited by Misfish

Oh wait,theres always that team that got stacked. It,s the luck of the tose Chris. :whistling:

I'm not sure how Joey selected teams but I can assure you there was no stacking when I was running it. Teams were picked through a random number generator. Some members requested certain teams and they were denied. Received some attitude about it too... lame.

The fact is; 10-12 members per team, you're lucky to get 3 active participants per team. The "stacked" teams may have 4 or 5 active participants. Team Captains can play a role in motivating team members but some players won't give it a second thought after signing up.

Individual Tourny?

Sounds great but I can predict the outcome. 100+ will join; 15 will be active, 5 will be competitive and Simon will win ;)

Perhaps organize a Facebook tourny.

I think the team format works best for OFC and the spirit of this site. Teamwork reflects community effort and spirit.

I like the team format...

But on the other hand it didn't help me meet anyone new or fish for new species.... It was fun... But I know personally an individual tournament would motivate me to learn new techniques and travel to new places and fish new species... Wich represents the site and the sport as well....

Edited by Mike Rousseau

Count me in for 2013....I had fun in the 2012...it actually was the defining factor on weather i wanted to fish on certain days...not that i need a push to fish....but its always good to have that little extra hope of contributing to the team...we may have landed in second place ...but we looked better...lol..

I'd like to stir things up a bit... Team format should stay and instead of adding inches with biggest fish... you get a point for a fish caught... members are to send their captain the results and monthly, captains sends their accumulated results to the tournament organiser / chef in charge.

Very simple and everyone has the feeling of participating to the team... I know it's a lot more work but most importantly, fish spend less time out of the water and can be released quickly :)

Just my thoughts

Jacques

I'd like to stir things up a bit... Team format should stay and instead of adding inches with biggest fish... you get a point for a fish caught... members are to send their captain the results and monthly, captains sends their accumulated results to the tournament organiser / chef in charge.

Very simple and everyone has the feeling of participating to the team... I know it's a lot more work but most importantly, fish spend less time out of the water and can be released quickly :)

Just my thoughts

Jacques

My idea was a little blurry... Team format stays the way it is, you need your tournament sign for pics, you can register only one fish per species a day, you get one point for each fish caught per species a day. Member of team submit their catches to captains, and captains of each team submit every month to their tournament chef / tournament organiser. Tournament score card is updated monthly.

Simple, it's the same format as previous tournaments but instead of adding inches, it's points :) Everyone on any team can contribute.

Jacques

I like the tourney as is. Yeah...some teams get 'stacked' but its the luck of the draw.

I agree with the comment that it engenders the community spirit to have a team format....like they say...if it aint broke.....

Have to agree here with Simon and some others , if we had an individual tourney you would have to change the rules around a bit because

the musky/pike/walleye guys would have a huge advantage strictly due to the inches !

Guys like me who never fish for musky and walleye but fish mainly for bass and lake trout would be out of contention before

it even started :(

Whatever it is though , i'm in for sure

Have to agree here with Simon and some others , if we had an individual tourney you would have to change the rules around a bit because

the musky/pike/walleye guys would have a huge advantage strictly due to the inches !

Guys like me who never fish for musky and walleye but fish mainly for bass and lake trout would be out of contention before

it even started :(

Whatever it is though , i'm in for sure

How many musky guys go fishing for catfish, steelhead and salmon though? The point would be to get people to open up to new ways of fishing.

How many musky guys go fishing for catfish, steelhead and salmon though? The point would be to get people to open up to new ways of fishing.

Yup...

I'd have to travel for great lakes trout... Non Great Lakes trout... Quality Cats... Salmon... And Whitefish... So if I don't bust my behind to get these species there's no musky that'll make up those inches....