New to the Trent-Severn area

chris f.

Hey all, new to the site and new to the Trent.. or south of lock 7 anyway... Just wanted to say hi and get the jig sinking. So i have some info to post.. dams are frozen along the Trent and Quinte Prism services have alerted home owners in low areas to be aware of flood risk due to regulating flow to break up built up ice. Waters can "rise or fall " at any time so watch the shore fishing if you have open water near you as i still do. We got some ice over the last few days.. can walk out 10-20 feet of my dock.. but wouldn't chip a hole :/ 2-3 in isn't enough for me so be safe out there.

483162_10151184427356087_2031357927_n.jpg

Well now for some happier news.. pulled a few good pickies out this year and have seen a good pop. of yearling size 'eyes so im happy to see they are here and doing well. Lots of big channel cat, northern and gar pike too. (nothing like float fishing and drifting thru a school of 3-4 ft gar lol) Smallies are abundant but i haven't seen one bucketmouth..? Not sure what that's about lol.. Hoping to get out on Quinte this winter a bunch and other than that just waiting for the spring to launch the boat again. any info or comments are welcome and appreciated, and hope to see ya out there on the water.

The largies are definitely in there. Due time and you'll find them. I've fished Percy over 20 years. The largemouth population has been consistent. Pike are growing in numbers. Crappie is hit or miss. You'll love fishing the trent. Boat traffic is a little high in the summer months tho

:good: thanks for the welcome.. we live right on the river just north of Trenton. I see alot of people trolling the bay there and i'm hoping to get out on quinte as soon as the ice permits. My family has had a cottage up on Kashwakamak Lake for as long as i've been alive so fishing is in my blood. Finding the deep structure on the river is a bit harder than on the clear northern lakes.. my dad, my brother and i used to go snorkeling to find reefs and rock piles, but the trent is too murky and the current scares me at times lol. I'm on the hunt for a good fish finder / chart plotter, but the one i wanted is no longer on sale :wallbash:. Edited by Trent River Fishin'

Welcome aboard! Our family has our own little slice of heaven on the trent. Were up by Campbellford at the bottom of the Healy falls. Perhaps we can hook up this summer for some walleye fun! Ill put you on walleye if you put me on the Gar! Feel free to PM me to share contact details!

Edited by tb4me

Welcome aboard! Our family has our own little slice of heaven on the trent. Were up by Campbellford at the bottom of the Healy falls. Perhaps we can hook up this summer for some walleye fun! Ill put you on walleye if you put me on the Gar! Feel free to PM me to share contact details!

yea, i love it out here.. cast of the dock every day, every night. :Gonefishing: the gar are or were very picky each time we saw them. once we floated right thru about 3 different schools in a little cove and they just sat there not taking interest in the bait, but also not spooking.. it was something i wish i'd had my camera for :wallbash: i hear fly fishing works well for them, but i lack the fly skills lol. tick to them is getting them to follow.. get a follow and your strike rate goes way up. as soon as i get some time on the river learning structure and what not, it's supposed to be great fishing :P