Simcoe Rescue Fines?

Oggie

im glad to see that you agree with everything terry said. those figures can be found on a number of local news sites, and i was arguing the same point til i was told it was my fault for going out in my car when there was slush on the roads. im also glad to know its my fault some other driver thought he had rights to the whole road. oh, and how its my fault that they just kept on driving even though they just caused a car to roll into the ditch with a 10 month old child in it. so because i apparently ignored some warning from no one that a car was going to run me off the i should have to pay for a rescue that never came..? thats what terry's telling me so if you want to agree with him fine, but at least read the rest of the posts so you have your facts straight. all i did was comment on the bay of quinte rescue last year and terry felt obligated to tell me that i did something wrong by driving and that i expect free rescue when something goes bad. not the case and i have said that in my previous posts. as for the MAIN issue in question here ( again ).. i agree that people have a right to assistance when in danger, but if that danger is self inflicted then you pay the price... tell me that a fire crew or ems team has ever made a family pay for rescue from a single car roll over... please.. and thats my opinion

OH MY,,,,,,,,,,,

1st, I have no idea who you are.

2nd, you never entered my mind when I made my post...see 1st above.

3rd, my facts are very straight.

Kinda remind ya of the wizard of OZ Lew.LOL

Your words are straight forward.

THINGS HAPPENS. Thats life,

GET OVER IT

Im sure I will get slapped for this.

well i thought my very first post about the bay of quinte rescue was a part of the discussion, but sorry for my input.

i guess its just me thinking this, but if you go out on Feb26th like those guys ( in Quinte as per my 1st post ) did on 3-4 inch ice, you are asking for bad news. thats all i was saying. i never once even commented on the subject of fines, i simply stated facts from the news.

as for my " sad story " i'm so happy to see the level of compassion you guys have, i moved away from toronto to get away from the selfish ignorant people that are under appreciated for what they do. i was a city of toronto worker for a long time.. i saw it daily. my accident wasn't the point but terry made it personal. sorry folks for the drama.

Thanks for the talk lol :jerry:

as long as everyone has to pay equally for services, I have no problem with them paying......but this was a fine the township imposed and do they do that for every rescue everywhere...no,

this is a fishermen tax..get used to it

its not a " fisheman tax "... its a " stupid people, who waste emerg.services time by going on the ice after warnings in late february" tax, and not one rescue senario/cost is ever the same

Edited by Trent River Fishin'

my point was, you expected free service.... why wouldn't fishermen

and as for the avalanche warning.....if you when to see about the avalanche and saw there was no chance of an avalanche and a 1000 people were skiing would you ski

and if every day they still warned about an avalanche, would you start ti ignore the sill people crying wolf.....

and as in the fable....crying wolf bit someone in the butt

First trip should be free, if you're that stupid to get caught out on Simcoe again (Which I'm pretty sure some of these people did) then you should be fined and fined heavily.

Anybody know where that money actually goes? aside from fuel recovery...

It's gonna happen again and again and again... Usually helps mark the end of the ice fishing season...

I wouldn't be surprised if some of those rescued are members on here

Anybody know where that money actually goes? aside from fuel recovery...

It's gonna happen again and again and again... Usually helps mark the end of the ice fishing season...

I wouldn't be surprised if some of those rescued are members on here

or they will go out again this feb. and get stuck and we will all be here this time next year saying these exact things

and it still comes down to my first statement

as long as every person is fined/made to pay for each rescue that happens in Ontario , land water or air

then no problem, but if it's only applying to anglers then I have a big problem with it .

if they need to be rescued for a second time in one day. they should be euthanized .....lol

i mean yes, in toronto where there are like 5000 cops and just as many other emerg. workers there is help to go around, but in small communities or where the nearest help is miles or more away, it is " wasting " the essential services the community pays for.

if my house is burning down or im trapped in a car wreck, and the only ems and fire crew is out helping someone on the ice in feb... i'd sue someone.. everyone!! lol

Edited by Trent River Fishin'

and it still comes down to my first statement

as long as every person is fined/made to pay for each rescue that happens in Ontario , land water or air

then no problem, but if it's only applying to anglers then I have a big problem with it .

if they need to be rescued for a second time in one day. they should be euthanized .....lol

Euthanized, lol!!!!

I also think the reason they were fined has a lot to do with the township this happened in :) We all know how much Innisfil loves to hand out tickets.

Edited by BillM

i mean yes, in toronto where there are like 5000 cops and just as many other emerg. workers there is help to go around, but in small communities or where the nearest help is miles or more away, it is " wasting " the essential services the community pays for.

if my house is burning down or im trapped in a car wreck, and the only ems and fire crew is out helping someone on the ice in feb... i'd sue someone.. everyone!! lol

Good luck with winning. You would NOT.

it's not unheard of for "victims" to receive bills for their rescue...marine, back country, sledders, skiiers, etc...from my experience it's the SAR team leader that assesses the situation after the rescue to determine due diligence. And then possible charges passed forward, it's not the SAR team to make that decision I don't think (pretty sure they are largely gov't funded), they just analyze the situation and then it's the private entities that assisted in the rescue that look to recover costs

Are they properly prepared? Trained and experience for what they're doing to determine risk analysis? Have the tools and equipment to do what they're doing? etc, etc

I think 90% of rescues are simply accidents and should not be billed, but then there is the other 10%...but who and how you draw the line there, that's tough

I worked at a heli ski lodge and when we responded to mayday's to back country sledders, stopped our ski program and left clients on the mountain to respond, we sent an invoice every time for pilot and guides wages and fuel

I've had the opportunity to work with and chat with many SAR volunteers, none of them ever say they are angry to come to the rescue, it's what they live for and are happy to help....but plenty frustrated over the many darwin idiots out there...and it's very sad when a rescue turns to a recovery all too often

it cost this guy 10K but he stood up and handled it well, cudos to him

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2012/12/19/snowboarder-sorry-for-endangering-others-faces-bill-from-ski-hill

warm temperatures in march and high winds? regardless of an OPP advisory or not, those conditions should make you reconsider, especially on a large lake...and some guys got caught out there twice??!!! nothing to complain about for a $200 tab, especially if they can make it up with volunteer hours