The record is broken (NF)

Roy

The 1969 snowfall record has been broken by 3cms. It will continue to snow heavily 'til 7 or 8PM with heavy winds. Current winds are NNE at 46kph gusting to 59kph. Highways are closed everywhere. At least J and I are home with a fire happening and we're just starting to make a really nice supper. I won't even bother to start up Big Bertha to clean the driveway....the wind and snow are just overwhelming for the time being. I'll take pics here as soon as I have the chance.

Hope everyone is safe and comfortable.

The 1969 snowfall record has been broken by 3cms. It will continue to snow heavily 'til 7 or 8PM with heavy winds. Current winds are NNE at 46kph gusting to 59kph. Highways are closed everywhere. At least J and I are home with a fire happening and we're just starting to make a really nice supper. I won't even bother to start up Big Bertha to clean the driveway....the wind and snow are just overwhelming for the time being. I'll take pics here as soon as I have the chance.

Hope everyone is safe and comfortable.

You take care as well Roy,that must of hit you mighty hard. Heard Kingston received a fair bit as well.

It's about time we had some snow on the ground!!!! After the lack there of last year I was beginning to wonder if Al(Chicken Little) Gorre wasn't as out of his mind as I thought he was....er... is. Like too see some pictures for sure Roy. Stay safe and enjoy the down time.

Sounds like your getting hammered over your way Roy, but good to hear you guys are surviving intact. Nice being retired eh, and not having to drive around town in all that mess.

We got about 5" here but it still took me a couple hours to clean everything up but that's OK, as I enjoy doing that kinda stuff.

Edited by lew

Yup...

My truck was plowing with the bumper/grill in the driveway... Lol

Lots of stuck cars and lots of folks willing to help push.... Went from almost no snow to 4 foot snow banks...

The street plows are just now starting to catch up in my neighborhood and I live across the road from the hospital....

Lots of abulances going out today too...

SLOW DOWN in these conditions please.....

Go figure... My brother just sold his Ski-Doo.... Lol

You are all a bunch of WIMPS in 1958 me and my buddy got BUSTED by his mother for jumping out of a 3rd story window into a snow drift in Quebec city.AND she was ONLY worried about the hardwood floor.I have pictures of the snow in our back yard that are 7 to 8 ft high.What a RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vance

You are all a bunch of WIMPS in 1958 me and my buddy got BUSTED by his mother for jumping out of a 3rd story window into a snow drift in Quebec city.AND she was ONLY worried about the hardwood floor.I have pictures of the snow in our back yard that are 7 to 8 ft high.What a RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vance

Remember Winters in Gagetown? Open the door to go to school, and be met by a wall of snow higher than the house:w00t: ...........This aint nothin'.:thumbsup_anim:

We got more snow here yesterday then I think we did over the last two years. I went out at 11pm put gas in the snowblower for the first time in two winters and she fired up first pull. Hope you guys make out good with super then get lots of sleep before running birtha

Yep Mike just south of you and we got seven inches. I was so looking forward to using my brand new snow blower and wouldn't ya know it ....yep wouldn't start. That's alright I needed the exercise

3 - 4 feet of snow is called just snow fall here........ :whistling:

Beat this storm if you can......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_of_1977

600_Buffalo_Snow_1977_4.jpg

blizzard_school_bus.jpg

And finally...check out this website......

https://www.google.com/search?q=Blizzard+of+'77&hl=en&client=gmail&tbo=u&rls=gm&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=nk7gUITzGIqx0QGR1IDgBA&ved=0CEkQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=653