NF

funfishing

Second last picture, where the threaded portion and a bit lower looks like a big hex nut, clean that up and you may find the clip under there. Then you can pull the whole bull out and re grease it with some light weight grease like used for snowmobiles and boat trailer axles. Just a guess but I'm hoping..good luck.

Nut wasn't twisting off, so I twisted and pulled, and that did the trick, after a lot of WD40.

On another forum, apparently you need to take a sledge hammer to the shaft to get it out.

I'm about to try that, just not sure if I need to remove anything from the inside of the shaft area around the metal linkage, before trying to hammer the shaft out.

On my old Rabbit there was what they call a small "E" clip between the outer shaft and the inner rod. They are small and get covered with crud, hard to see.

Yah.. nothing like using a 5 lb hand sledge, and a cut off wheel in the grinder, to take out leaf spring bolts and cut U bolts.... just to take your mind off things!! LOL

Don't ever buy your wife leaf springs and new shocks for Christmas.. this is what you get to spend Boxing Day doing...

Thanx for posting this info. My 2007 Uplander has the same issue. Busy with family for next couple of days, so I'll probably get at it early next week. Heck it's been malfunctioning for 4 months, what's the rush?? Please keep me posted when u install it. $300.00 for a new one -U know how much fishing gear I can buy!! Thanx

Nip it in the bud, take it out now, clean, regrease, and see if the parts are all intact. Why wait for it to stop working?

I've owned it from 93K to 190k, haven't put a penny into it other than pothole related damage that was covered by the municipality where I hit the pothole. I had a flat tire recently and had to put 2 tires on the front. Otherwise, just one headlight bulb.

This vehicle has been great value for the money. Mileage from GTA to Ottawa via Peterborough is great, if I take the 401/416 and do 120-140, of course the mileage goes down.

I'll do it when the weather is bare hand friendly