Sudbury Christmas ice fishing help!

Ryan Landry

This year I will be spending Christmas in the great white north! My fiancé is from sudbury, specifically Val Caron and we will be spending the holidays with her mother and brother. Everyone likes fishing so I threw out the idea of getting out on the ice over the holidays assuming there is some safe ice. Everyone is in assuming i have warm hut! I would like to get out for splake as I haven't fished them before. But really anything would do, walleye, pike, lakers, whiteys, ect. Basically I'm looking for a small lake within an hours drive of Val Caron with in walking distance from wherever we can park. If you could pm me any info/suggestions that would be great. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't count on there being enough ice. There's not enough now and the forecast doesn't have a lot of cold weather coming between now and X-mas.

I hope I'm wrong.

I hope so to! but i guess it is what is is. If it doesn't work out next week, i'll be back a couple weeks later. Thanks for the update

stocked lakes, ice will be iffy on those lakes with the mild temperatures, a few huts out on local lakes right now but I'd say they're a little nuts, i've fallen thru moon on new years day one year but was driving my truck on a bigger local lake the day before, be prudent and check the ice

i have friends who've been fishing the watershed/gogama/timmins area for about 3 weeks now