2014 GM pickup

lew

They are all full of it when it comes to fuel economy. RAM pickups getting 36mpg, which one? The HEMI or the smallest available engine? The TV spot doesn't really make that too clear. If you want to get the mpg numbers advertised, you need no load, only a driver, a/c off, pretend there is a bomb under the gas pedal that will go off if you press it hard and don't go over 105kp/h and maintain a steady speed. I've gotten 30mpg (us gallon) in our minivan coming back from HH keeping to 105kp/h. That's better than the 26mpg that was advertised. BUT I was bored and HAD to maintain a very very light foot on the gas.

They are all full of it when it comes to fuel economy. RAM pickups getting 36mpg, which one? The HEMI or the smallest available engine? The TV spot doesn't really make that too clear. If you want to get the mpg numbers advertised, you need no load, only a driver, a/c off, pretend there is a bomb under the gas pedal that will go off if you press it hard and don't go over 105kp/h and maintain a steady speed. I've gotten 30mpg (us gallon) in our minivan coming back from HH keeping to 105kp/h. That's better than the 26mpg that was advertised. BUT I was bored and HAD to maintain a very very light foot on the gas.

New 6cyl with the 8spd auto tranny :) I'm assuming they sourced that from Mercedes.

Ford was claiming 47 mpg on their C-Max and Fusion Hybrids, and after testing it ended up the best was 39 and 37 mpg. They said it was the largest discrepancy between what automakers MPG claims and the actual real-world driving results.

While driving to Roy's for a vist one time we got this in our GMC Duromax Diesel :thumbsup_anim:

8271285668_b1c06f4f21_b.jpg

Thanks rickOnt I wasn't sure but that's what I have been averaging for a month the dealer said it will get better once its broken in !! But it's still way better than my ford ranger V6. But yes those new style 2014 trucks look awesome !!!! So I'm wondering if that's what the truck with the 4.7 gets maybe its the one that gets 30mpg ??? Maybe if I drove at 30kph all the time it would get 30 hahaha I don't know how they get their miles per gallon rating ?? Probly on an oval track just going around real slow not real world driving like stop lights and hills or traffic or driving into a 40mph headwind haha

I'm disappointed that they didn't include a light duty diesel option. Who are they kidding? Diesels rule!

Agreed, take 2 cyls off the Duramax and make it a 6 banger. It still would make a tonne of hp/trq and probably get mid to high 20's (US MPG) in mileage.

Joey, that's about as good as it gets and that's great mileage for a big pickup.

Not pulling anything and set on cruise.. I can come darn close enough to 9.9 without smelling diesel fumes (Sorry Paul.. lol). Penetang to the Ottawa Valley and back 2 weeks ago, 11.6 litres/100km with my '11 F150, with the 5.0 Coyote engine, and that was with all the stops, goes and villages along hwy 12 and 7.

Diesel rocks ! Ford have 4 thousand of pre built 4.5 TT Diesel engines sitting there waiting for the light truck market to pick up ... pardon the pun ... Rumor has that VW have a full size full frame 1/2 ton armed with the V10 TT ... Touraeg engine lined up for 2014 ... Oh my ! that's gonna be hard to beat. ( I'm a Ford man ( bash away) ..

The best MPG I've ever got out of my Expedition is 18MPG ... I tow a 30' camper and do from 0-12MPG depending on the slope.

I also have '08 Mazda 6 4 cyl auto 5... 44MPG hwy ... but nothing I've owned will meet my 01 Jetta TDI , I once figured out a trip to Dryden at 68MPG ... Diesel all the way ( until it comes to repairs ) ... congrats to GM for making their new truck look like a Ford...

Diesel rocks ! Ford have 4 thousand of pre built 4.5 TT Diesel engines sitting there waiting for the light truck market to pick up ... pardon the pun ... Rumor has that VW have a full size full frame 1/2 ton armed with the V10 TT ... Touraeg engine lined up for 2014 ... Oh my ! that's gonna be hard to beat. ( I'm a Ford man ( bash away) ..

The best MPG I've ever got out of my Expedition is 18MPG ... I tow a 30' camper and do from 0-12MPG depending on the slope.

I also have '08 Mazda 6 4 cyl auto 5... 44MPG hwy ... but nothing I've owned will meet my 01 Jetta TDI , I once figured out a trip to Dryden at 68MPG ... Diesel all the way ( until it comes to repairs ) ... congrats to GM for making their new truck look like a Ford...

I doubt we'll be seeing anything fullsize from VW. If it's anything it will be the VW Amarok.

The price tag might be a shot to the solar plexus though. I really wanted a diesel touareg but the price went quickly north of 60k and I couldn't justify that for a second vehicle.