New Rapala minnow

kickingfrog

Looks similar maybe (it is a minnow imitation after all) but it's balsa not hollow plastic.

KF, my fishing partner had a sample this fall. The minnow is rounder than an x-rap, kind of like an x-rap that gained a little weight lol, and as you mentioned, is balsa, so it floats. Very nice looking bait, I'll grab a couple for fishing the shallows next spring.

True, but I'll stick with Live Target for the closest thing to a smelt.

I bought a couple of Live Target smelt imitations a couple of years ago but since then, the smelt imitations no longer have the same colour as the one's I bought. They are more brownish now. The smelt in my area are bluish/purple....not brownish.

I bought a couple of Live Target smelt imitations a couple of years ago but since then, the smelt imitations no longer have the same colour as the one's I bought. They are more brownish now. The smelt in my area are bluish/purple....not brownish.

must be all the frogs in the water over there.

I've had one for three years and over a hundred fish, slightly faded but same colours and works like always. I do upgrade the hooks every now and again.

Sounds like too much UV exposure maybe? :dunno: I picked one up shortly after they came out and I haven't noticed any colour fade/change.