Bad Turned Good Karma Smallies.

Moosebunk

Can't escape karma doods! Can't run, hide or turn and fight it. It's a total go-with-the-flow cosmic crapshoot that keeps your world spinning 'round ya either in an forward pos or back neg. And some days she blows!

Trucking through town at 8:30am. As usual all kiddies are rushing off to school, drive-thru is jammed, traffic is moving geriatric and there's no way to get parking within a half mile of the downtown Timmies. So I pull up to a spot that gets out of everyone's way and rush in for a coffee, I have to get the boat and truck up on half of the sidewalk. Problem solved... have done this countless times before, and the world can continue to turn.

But yup... A Doink is waiting...

Only zippin' my slip into the Timmies when the next lady through the door says, "I tried flaggin' ya down but youuuuu're fast. You're getting a parking ticket."

"Expletive!!!" I says... And rush out the door.

"Dooooood!!! C'mon! W.T.H!!? Five minutes in the Tim's!!! I pull out of everyone's way here with the boat!!!"

"You're on the sidewalk." Doink Traffic Cop Extra-ordinaire says. "You're not out of the way of the kids using the sidewalk to go to school."

"THEY CAN GO AROUND! They've got half the sidewalk! I'm like five minutes getting a coffee."

"You're parked on the sidewalk" and Doink hands me a ticket...

"YOU'RE ___ expletive ___ RIDICULOUS!!!" yells I into Doink's face.

So I leave my rig there anyways and go get my coffee, now $25 in debt. Hoping the next time I see him is at triage in the ER!!!

Cruising away I take a sip of my Joe. BLAHHH!!! Why Gawd??? Double Double with milk, how hard is that??? How does two cream no sugar register in someone's head when you ask for a double double with milk. Arrrrrrrghhhh!!!

Basically the drive to the launch I'm half fuming. Steam coming out my ears, Devil horns growing out of me noggin'. Just about there I pull off for my turn and find the access gated.......... ( do I need to put an expletive here? )

Plan B there is. No probs. I got a good back-up.

Arriving at the lake the launch was a wee bit shallow so I pushed The Bomber off the bunks and got adrift a little. Rocking the boat in some weird way it just shimmied towards shore and when I thought it was about close enough I leapt off the bow.

I suck.

Getting old or something... because I suck.

And I missed the shore and got a big right foot soaker.

Parking ticket. Gated launch. Crap coffee. Soaker. Only been awake about two hours and hating life this day.

So while parking the truck I get to trying to calm myself down. Thinking that what will come next is, I'll be cruising down the lake and hit something that rips my skeg off, or... karma will have mercy, it will switch, and I will slay fish.

It did switch. Took a couple hours... but it did. It was a slay. Quiet inland lake, search mode first, as I have probably never fished bass nor for certain this lake quite this late in fall. Found them grazing in 44C in a couple of areas.

The smallie fishing was "Off da Hook!"

Boat likely away for the winter and long rods waiting for their turn this week. The ice cometh man!!! :thumbsup_anim:

End.

Autumn12-180b.jpg

Autumn12-177a.jpg

Autumn12-183a.jpg

Autumn12-182a.jpg

Autumn12-176a.jpg

Autumn12-186.jpg

Autumn12-184a.jpg

Autumn12-178a.jpg

Autumn12-187.jpg

Autumn12-181a.jpg

"Cruising away I take a sip of my Joe. BLAHHH!!! Why Gawd??? Double Double with milk, how hard is that??? How does two cream no sugar register in someone's head when you ask for a double double with milk. Arrrrrrrghhhh!!! :rofl2: My reaction exactly - "How do you muck up a BLACK coffee!!"

Nowithstanding the Rob Ford like start to your day, looks like you put the bomber on top of your prey pretty well. Only thing missing was the doink anchor.

Only thing missing was the doink anchor.

It'd be tough to be a parking cop... He must get blasted many times a day. Some of those doods really do go overboard though.

Jigging spoon and dropshot? That looks like a cool jigging spoon/clacker combo. What weight is it?

Called the Fergie. First time using it. Pretty sure it's a 1/2 oz. Just kinda rip jiggin' it and it got slammed.

The second half isn't like me at all . :)

Ahhh go easy on yourself Randy. You can catch 'em... if and when ya ever put that boat in the water. ;)

Called the Fergie. First time using it. Pretty sure it's a 1/2 oz. Just kinda rip jiggin' it and it got slammed.

Nice haul.

Tell me who showed you that rig..... wow. I am half kidding. ;)

Edited by Harrison

Sounds like it wasn't going to well for a bit there, especially the Timmies coffee situation.

Nice rebound with the smallies however. It is tough to go out in boat and freeze at this time of year. It is especially very hard to find bass at this time of year as well.

Great job and thanks for providing this.

The extra carpet on the bow is a good idea.

Thanks. Laying all the fish on it should surely save scrub time. Thinking I might get a bigger bulkier one for next season.

Nice brownies. They can be tough at this time of year but you nailed it. Nice solo pics. That in itself can be challenging

Go-Pro pics were fun this time around. Have the thing with me almost everytime out but rarely use it. Fall bassing is something that I only got into when moving home in 2009. Progressively trying to improve on the fishing from years before is a challenge worth taking. Smallies just make for a great days fishing.

Tell me who showed you that rig..... wow. I am half kidding. ;)

Ha! "FireChicken for Prime Minister," or "Save a bass, eat a FireChicken," it has all been said before me and now. lol.

It is tough to go out in boat and freeze at this time of year. It is especially very hard to find bass at this time of year as well.

And that can be the reward in itself. An unseasonably warm day followed up with finding and catching fish, doesn't get much better.

Thanks doods!