Little bit of Steel

I'mHooked

Got out a while ago with my father wading some water hunting for some steel. We've been out in a boat together, and we've fished the lower Nia. together from shore, however this was our 1st time wading a river together. I unfortunately didn't have the interest in fishing 20 years ago when he was hitting the tribs himself, so I missed out on some of that quality time then. Trying to make up for it a little now. Finally got myself some decent Simms G3 waders and Rivershed boots to complete the whole 'pinning' outfit.

Got to put them to good use and showed the old man what I've learned!

2 of the nicer ones for the day:

Fish2.jpg

Fish1.jpg

Picture isn't the greatest for this little guy, but had to share just how freakin' fat it was!

Fatty.jpg

All gave a fun spirited fight on 6# lead and swam away for someone else to enjoy.

Unfortunately dad didn't bring anything to the shore himself, so he was the designated 'amateur' photographer. :P

Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback, yes they put up some pretty good fights. As I'm fairly new at it, so it was extra special to have the old man in awe of the way the rod was doubled over! He thought we might get lucky with some 2-3 pounders, so hitting double digits was quite enjoyable!