Trout Bummin' in BC

MJL

I'm ecstatic to read this report Mike and I think I'll reread it again with my coffee tomorrow morning. It's a lot to absorb in one read through!

I'm ever so happy to see you and the gang had a great time out there with Jet, something I need to get on my bucket list. thumbsup_anim.gif

Congrats on a great trip to all of you. ;)

Thanks for posting up the report Mike, you're the man for the job. I'd bore most people with my very limited writing skills lol.

I'm so jealous of Ant's first sea-run steelhead

Like what Mike said - Jet, thanks for being an amazing host. We all had an unforgettable time.

Edited by Victor

Thanks for posting up the report Mike, you're the man for the job. I'd bore most people with my very limited writing skills lol.

Like what Mike said - Jet, thanks for being an amazing host. We all had an unforgettable time.

Stop rambling already Victor,and stop rubbing it in.LOL

I'll keep it short. Man what a beautiful place it was, I just don't have the urge to go fishing anymore after I came back :blahblah1:

the truth - Anthony and I spent a morning in your neck of the woods a few days after we got back, we were going through withdrawal

Edited by Victor

Thanks again guys :)

Great Report and pictures. Those Dolly's are brutes I would love to get some on the flyrod

We did see a few fly anglers chucking 6+ inch streamers for the bulls. If I had it within my budget, I'd definitely consider rigging up an 11ft 8 or 9wt switch rod to spey cast the giant streamers out and then strip them back. It looked like serious work watching the fly guys overhead casting those huge flies over and over again.

Brian, if it makes you feel any better, I have another trip in the planning stage for next August with my uncle and cousin from Edmonton. Big northern cohos in the ocean and smaller summer run steelhead notorious for rising to skated dry flies in the river are on the agenda :whistling:

Nice photoshop Mike, trying to replace the background with BC postcards. :whistling:

"1st fish is from Ganny by the boat launch, 2nd is Wilmot, 3rd is Bowmanville" Can't trick me!

You guys timed the trip perfectly! While we felt the effects of Hurricane Sandy, you guys had a trip of a lifetime! :Gonefishing:

Thanks for sharing, truly an eyeopener for me!

sounds like the curse continues west coast! :rolleyes:

Great read Mike. It was almost like doing it all over again.

Glad you guys had a great time and it was equally great to have good friends to share these rivers with once again. I'm almost always flying solo here when fishing, so I appreciate the effort you guys made to come all the way West.

And Victor don't worry, I'll be headed back in a few weeks just for you bud!