Regs question

hombres4

Generally the Great Lakes regs stop at the river mouth. Some of the rivers will have a sign stating were the river "starts" and the lakes "ends". Sometimes a prominent landmark is used to define where the Lake/River boundary is. Check the exceptions for the river you are fishing and there might be a mention of the delineation point and/or extended seasons.

Hi there

I am fishing a Huron trib that is not mentioned in the regs. How far upriver can I fish, for how long, what is open? We caught a coho and a rainbow and released both today. Thanks very much, I find them somewhat confusing because we are new to this river fishing.

I don't mean to give you a hard time, but if you weren't sure if the season is open, why were you fishing there to begin with? Shouldn't you find out if it's even open first?

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

Do yourself a favour - read the regs BEFORE you head out. If you can't figure it out, then don't fish.

If I remember correctly the Huron tribs don't have an "all waters" clause like zone 17 does.

Trout closes Sept. 30, and unless the creek you were fishing was listed in the exceptions you were out-of-season. That's bad, don't do that.