With deep sadness.......

John

It is with sadness that I post this announcement. Although I have not talked to Roger (BPS Bassman) personally, I feel that he would be OK with me letting his OFC friends know of Chris's passing.

CRAIG, Chris (Christy Ann Rouse)

November 04, 2012

Classified Type: Obituaries & Death Notices

CRAIG, Chris (Christy Ann Rouse) A new angel has just entered heaven to be with her parents Mae and Ivan. Peacefully at home on November 4, 2012, in her 62nd year. Beloved wife of Roger who shared over 42 loving years beyond human words. Loving Mother of two wonderful sons, Terry (Mandy) of Beamsville and Paul (Andrea) of Brooklin, ON. Survived by her special brother Cal (Marcelle) of Peterborough. Nana to four very special grandchildren, Miranda, Maddy, Evan and Rachel who meant the world to her. Very special friend to Carol Dimitroff. Private cremation has already taken place. Visitation with the family will take place on Friday, November 9 from 3:00 to 5:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at DONALD V. BROWN FUNERAL HOME , 36 Lake Avenue Drive, Stoney Creek. A Celebration of Life will take place at a later date. Special thanks to Chris' Angel, Dr. Cari Reed and her staff and all of the Niagara West Palliative Care Team who are so very special. In lieu of flowers, Chris requested that you pass forward an act of kindness and think of her every time you see a Monarch Butterfly. xoxo24

Edited by John

Really sorry to hear that John and thanks for letting us know of her passing

Chris was a very nice lady and will be missed by many.

Ironically, a couple of us were just talking about Chris & Roger this past weekend.

So So sorry to hear this , All the best to Roger and his family at this tough time. THe good allways go so early ... My prayers and all my familys prayers go out to you ... SAD SAD DAY , Roger you got to keep on getting on, many family left counting on ya , we , all the OFC"ers feel for ya .. sad sad time ...

Thanks everyone. We had a great run. I asked her to go steady 2 days after I turned 15 (she wasn't quite 14). The minister that married us said we weren't compatible lol.

If people could have 1/10 the happiness we had, they would be doing okay.

Never complained when I went fishing and was my biggest supporter when I went to work part time at BPS.

I haven't been on here in awhile, but lurk every so often. Still the best people here bar none.

Maybe I'll have time to get back here now. Never had time once I retired 8O).

I had been pm'g back and forth with Roger for the last year+, and am so sorry to hear that Chris has lost her brave fight.

All the best to Roger and his family at this tough time.

photo(20).JPG

photo 3(6).JPG

photo 1(6).JPG

photo 1(7).JPG

photo 2(8).JPG

photo 2(9).JPG

We all are sorry for your loss Roger. We all wish we had a magic word that would heal but we don't,instead we can say a prayer and hold the memories that she has left behind and keep her spirit alive for the years to come.

Art