izumi signs with abu garcia

ecmilley

Hate to break it to you, but Red Fisher's day job was tackle salesperson. He worked for a company that distributed fishing tackle, including Eppinger (the ol' five of diamonds!) and Mitchell reels. He also became associated with Mercury outboards - his job was to sell them to fishing camps. Red's TV show was created specifically to provide a way of showing the product in use to a wide audience. Red was soft-sell, not like today's guys. He simply showed the product being used and left it that, he didn't wear logo clothing or push things too much. But make no mistake, his show was all about selling product. Red told me that personally.

So what kind of beer was he drinking? thats the most important thing after all

Uh, yeah, sure, whatever. But follow the money and you'll never be wrong.

lol, love the sarcasm.

A lot of good points but everyone is missing the most important part of this new deal.... Will Mariko still have a show and are abu's bikinis skimpier than shimanos? Lets focus on what is really important here LOL.

Not sure if they are even currently making new episodes of that show. Everytime I see it on WFN it seems to be the same couple of episodes. She isn't as experienced as an angler as I thought she would be seeing as who her father is.

On a side note, does anyone know where I can find any old episodes of The Red Fisher Show? He sounds like quite the guy and unfortunately im a bit too young to have seen any of his shows while growing up. I search around a little but I was unable to find anything.

I used Whiteout to sign my name overtop of his. Now I own the only Dana Olson signature Shimano rod ever made! It's not a bad little rod for the price.

We need to get you a jacket loaded with bumper stickers now. Think of Ben Woo.

I'd like to thank Bob for validating all of my Abu purchases. Finally I'm at ease knowing I made the right decision biggrin.gif

On a side note, does anyone know where I can find any old episodes of The Red Fisher Show? He sounds like quite the guy and unfortunately im a bit too young to have seen any of his shows while growing up. I search around a little but I was unable to find anything.

Wouldn't mind finding out where to find some episodes as well. I remember watching it with my Dad followed by the show "Wok with Yan" that guy made me laugh.

As for the Izumi production company moving over to Pure Fishing, it's all business and business relationships. I think this is a great move for both companies personally.

Edited by Harrison

Wouldn't mind finding out where to find some episodes as well. I remember watching it with my Dad followed by the show "Wok with Yan" that guy made me laugh.

As for the Izumi production company moving over to Pure Fishing, it's all business and business relationships. I think this is a great move for both companies personally.

"get your chinese fishing net"

Edited by fishingwithbob

A lot of good points but everyone is missing the most important part of this new deal.... Will Mariko still have a show and are abu's bikinis skimpier than shimanos? Lets focus on what is really important here LOL.

ya know Abu is slang for more bum... :whistling:

back to the matter at hand. I too miss Wok with Yan and then the old dude after named Pascualie (SP?) doing his cooking show. "if you don't knowa the words just say 'la la la' with the tune" HAHAHA! :thumbsup_anim:

I wish Bob all the best in his new business arragement. This is a man that has forged an iconic career and brings entertainment,knowledge and a life's work to the sport we all enjoy.

I really don't see a problem with that.

I wish Bob all the best in his new business arragement. This is a man that has forged an iconic career and brings entertainment,knowledge and a life's work to the sport we all enjoy.

I really don't see a problem with that.

same

Any time I've ever wanted to purchase a new piece of fishing or boating gear and needed some info on it, I've always come here to OFC to ask the board members and get an HONEST opinion.

Last person I would ever ask for an opinion on a product is someone who's paid to promote the item, whether it's a top of the line guy like Izumi, or one of the reps at the Sportsman or Spring Fishing Shows who's shirt is covered in company logos.

When a man is paid to promote a product, you'll only get the info the company wants him to give you....IMHO

That sums up my feeling on the subject perfectly.

ya know Abu is slang for more bum... :whistling:

back to the matter at hand. I too miss Wok with Yan and then the old dude after named Pascualie (SP?) doing his cooking show. "if you don't knowa the words just say 'la la la' with the tune" HAHAHA! :thumbsup_anim:

GBW, the OLD dude is still on in reruns on OMNI 1 and CityTV!

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, but he could have said "a full line of high performance rods" or something similar.

But to say "second to none" is absolutely bogus.

Loomis

Dobyns

Kistler

St. Croix

Shimano

It's sell-out, and they all do it, and of course you and I would do it if given the chance. Exaggerate all you want; just don't lie to me.

No lie's Sinc...."second to none" is a very generic statement that can't be construed as comparing attributes of one brand vs another. In the marketing game you take whatever opportunities arise, assuming of course you have checked with legal to make sure you can't be sued.

Izumi will be just fine...

Edited by John