You tried to ruin my day but it didn't work!

SlowPoke

For those of you who have never fished the area in question, you have no idea on how the fishing is done. It is a narrow channel which has boat traffic going in and out of the river. it is a narrow passage as on the far side away from the pier. You have no option but to troll closer to the pier as that is the navigation channel. Unfortunately, there is limited space for both the shore anglers and the boaters.

It doesn't matter if you are trolling or just heading out into the lake, they will cast it at you regardless. These guys doing it are morons. When I was there recently we had the same thing and we were just heading out to the lake. Not even trolling. One hit our boat, next time we went past I had a bulldawg on and as soon as one landed about two feet away I casted over hos line and snagged his lure. In the end he had to cut his line or I was going to have a new combo along with my new bulldawg.

As Brian said it is just a couple of them doing it and that was the case for us to.

Green Canada you really are annoying.

For those of you who have never fished the area in question, you have no idea on how the fishing is done. It is a narrow channel which has boat traffic going in and out of the river. it is a narrow passage as on the far side away from the pier. You have no option but to troll closer to the pier as that is the navigation channel. Unfortunately, there is limited space for both the shore anglers and the boaters.

you are right, I don't know. That is why I was questioning it.

I am glad that I don't have to deal with that, I do have a mean streak in me

2 of the last 4 times I went to hit the river I sat and watched others fish rather then crowd in and fight for fish and room

I like fishing too much to make it an anger sport....

but if the shore fishermen have to pull their bait as the boat goes by, shouldn't the boat have to pull their baits as they are going by the shore fisherman

it just sounds like the boat fisherman has all the rights and the shore fisherman can go to hell

i will say the area is narrow and like others have said some casters do cast close to try and get the next boater to move a bit more, i actually seen a guy aim for a newer ranger boat and it land on the seat, luckily the boat owner seen it in time to rip it off the seat before it snagged, but i see alot of boaters run rigth against the pair(within 25 feet or so just to piss the casters off and doing so while staring at you with a smirk), so no one is really better then the other here, but as a guy who does not have a boat and is stuck to shore it does get a little frustrating when the boat guys try and ruin your fun when they have the abiiity of fishing any part of the water

Terry there is still enough room for the shore fisherman to cast and cover a decent chunk of water when the boat go by, they just choose to cast at the boats to be jerks.

We boaters move over as far as we can even if we aren't trolling through there. Yet they still cast at us.

Terry there is still enough room for the shore fisherman to cast and cover a decent chunk of water when the boat go by, they just choose to cast at the boats to be jerks.

We boaters move over as far as we can even if we aren't trolling through there. Yet they still cast at us.

in that case they are morons, that is what I am trying to get a picture of in my head just how this is happening

It doesn't matter if you are trolling or just heading out into the lake, they will cast it at you regardless. These guys doing it are morons. When I was there recently we had the same thing and we were just heading out to the lake. Not even trolling. One hit our boat, next time we went past I had a bulldawg on and as soon as one landed about two feet away I casted over hos line and snagged his lure. In the end he had to cut his line or I was going to have a new combo along with my new bulldawg.

As Brian said it is just a couple of them doing it and that was the case for us to.

Green Canada you really are annoying.

Plain and simple, if you see someone tossing spoons, fish somewhere else or get there earlier. If I were to go toss spoons, I would move to a different location if there was a boat(s) trolling where I planned to fish. It's about simple respect for one another. If someone is just tossing spoons at boats because they hate boaters and/or the fact that they aren't getting their way, then they obviously are idiots. If someone is already fishing "your spot", then go find another one for the day.

With regards to your childish comment, it would be nice if you were able to discuss an issue with someone without them personalizing an attack. I gather that you must disagree with what I said, but why not intelligently discuss what I said instead of name calling? I'm just looking for a bit of maturity, not your respect.

The details have been explained several times, why can't you understand what you've been told ?? :dunno:

More comments have come out after what I said and I understand more about the layout of the pier and water but there is still no proof that someone screwed the sidewall of their tire. I don't know the details of that as I wasn't there and it seems that no one saw anyone do it. We have only seen the details of one side of the situation explained and while I believe that most of what was written happened, I don't take everything I read at face value, but I do understand this situation was frustrating for all those involved.

Its all common sense people...

THERE IS PLENTY ROOM FOR BOTH, IVE FISHED THIS AREA WAY TO MUCH AND HAVE NEVER REALLY HAD A PROBLEM. THE OTHER SHORE ISENT THAT SHALLOW AND YOU CAN TROLL IT, YOU CAN TROLL ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BOUY THAT MARKS THE MOUTH OF THE RIVER(GREEN BOUY) AND YOU WILL BE OUT OF HARMS WAY AND IT WONT BE TO SHALLOW AS ITS A STEEP DROP ALSO YOU CAN FISH AT THE HALF WAY MARK OR MORE AND STILL HAVE NO TROUBLE.

Theres only a problem if you make it a problem, both for shore casters and boats trolling.

If 80% Of the folks down there casting can share the water with the boats, why can't the other 20%?

- ITS THE SAME FOR THE TROLLERS, IF 80% OF THE BOATS TROLLING CAN NOT HAVE A PROBLEM, WHY CANT THE OTHER 20%?

There is much choice here, and i know 100% there should not be a issue, now if your boat is getting hit by bulldogs thats an issue, and if your lines are getting caught up from shore casters intentionally thats an issue. other than that NO ISSUE unless you make one. if you want to fish here expect bulldogs to be flying close to boats etc, if you get hit by one thats a different issue completely...

Everyone can go to hell if your being an idiot in such a small area, common sence.

Sucks that someone went that far to put a screw in your tire, last time i was out Casting from a boat in the river mouth i had a guy trolling, basically assault me, attempted to throw a BIG BIG trolling weight at our boat, then saying to get on shore to duke it out, non stop. wouldn't give it up. kept passing us saying 10 minutes on shore. etc.

i don't know whats worse having a screw in your tire or getting hit in the side of the head with a BIG down rigger weight.

i don't like it when everyone makes the people casting from shore out to be a stupid,dumb,morons... because that is not the case. there are idiots out there try to avoid them. and if you have a problem ask them nicely. I'm sure they don't mind. or explain the situation.

Ive fished the river mouth from shore this year more than anyone and i have never once had a problem snagging lines, hitting a boat. etc. I've had trollers come way to close and i just think do they not realize what they are doing or are they just being disrespect full and think they have the right. but even so I've never had a issue EVER. and i can cast pretty far..

before calling shore caters morons think twice, it takes two to tango guys.

Summary :

Idots are everywhere

There is no issue unless you make one

Lots of room for everyone, i have proof. and have lots of videos showing boats and shore casters sharing this small yet productive space.

No one called the shore fisherman all morons. Just the guys that do the stupid stuff morons.

Reminds me of the Queenston drift. Had a few baits chucked way to close to us when the drift sends you in close to the shore (nothing you can do about it, the current dictates where you go). Had a shore fisherman offer to break our legs one time :rolleyes::o

Real sportsmanlike :wallbash: