What Do You Guys Think ?

4x4bassin

I was going through some pictures today when I came across these , Both lake trout were caught 2 months apart this year in a central Ontario

lake and if you ask me they are the same fish . Check out the scar on the side and small deformity on the tail .

What are the chances of that ?

August 2012

P8240206.jpg

End of September 2012

P9290218.jpg

The odds might be better than you think. I've had the exact same thing happen to me in 1994 with a 5lb from a large lake deep in Algonquin Park. The fish had a scar shaped like a v just below the dorsal. Couldn't believe it. Fish was caught within 500m of previous location but over deeper water. Makes me wonder just how many fish are in these lakes and how eager they are to bite. Good example of C&R. This sort of thing happens a lot with bass, bull trout, cutthroat, muskie more so in moving waters.

Did you let him go for another day, give him a name, show him the dinner table?

Ya that's awesome and it's 100% possible I did it this summer in a Haliburton lake with a sweet 4lb largemouth !!!! And he had a piece of his anal fin missing and exactly one week later I caught him again !!!! I was blown away !!!!! I will show pics of it on my year end report !!!!! I took it as a good luck sign and yes it proves c&r works for sure my bass was caught about 25ft of a floating raft and in the same spot a week later !!!!! I will remember that forever !!!! And he was released again so maybe next summer he will be a5.5lb it bigger I cat wait !!!! Cheers

This fish was caught in the same bay (40' flat) both times and was released. It is pretty crazy when you think about it because

the lake is fairly large (1000 acres) and she has alot of water to roam but I guess there is something in that bay that she really

likes and this proves C&R does work !

This lake gets very little fishing pressure so maybe we can get her three times , I will be looking out for those markings :Gonefishing: