GM rated near the top by Consumer Reports

Billy Bob

If you take care of your car then you can easily get 300,000+ KM on it. Doesn't matter if it's a Honda or a Ford, Japanese, German or American. I probably know 5-6 people who have well over 300k KM on their cars and they are different companies/models.

Do you know how many people I've come across who don't even get their oil changed. My 02 Accord V6 has 310,000 KM and still going strong. Engine is still smooth as butter, but the maintenance issues are adding up. I need a new timing belt, all season and winter tires, and a few other minor fixes. I can probably get another 100,000 KM easily if I continue to take care of it.

Take it easy on the road and get it fix when you have a problem. I know it's easier said than done because I have a friend whose a mechanic who takes care of me.

Last night, I hit 9 red lights in a row with this other vehicle on Yonge Street in the middle of the night. When I saw the yellow light from a head, I would release my gas and slow my pace and by the time I got there, it was green and I accelerated at 30km/h. This guy stopped at every red light because he didn't drive smart. There were also no other cars except us two. That can't be good for the car to be driving with a such heavy foot, especially if you drive everyday. A lot of wear and tear.

Edited by TrippyJai

I drive a Crapler Caravan and I love it. Why, because is cheap and I can abuse it.

I can't imagine another car better to go fishing (plenty of room).

Ah, later and the toyota and the rest of the herd try to copy the concept. But so far the Crapler has the top of units sold.

Why? Why? Why?

Because a smart guy said once: The quality is in numbers.

How the heck is that? Let me explain suckers.

In WWII best tank built was the german Tiger. Pice of art.

But in spite of the best tank the germans did not win the batle of Kursk (bigest ever battle as tanks number) and the war.

Because the quality is in numbers. That was said by Stalin. And indeed, in some case the 'quality' is in numbers.

So if you have nothing to do with your cash spend it on expensive cars and brave all the time that yours is shine and better that mine.

I have my path, not always more expensive is better. And ultimately all the cars Toyota or Crapler in 10 years end up in scrap yard.

But I paid less and the suckers more.

Same story with the phones and all the comercial crap. Buy premium gasoline becasue is better for the pockets of the oil companies.

Just seen to documentary on CBC (premium gas is just for a specific segment of cars and is a way to milk more money from suckers).

So in conclusion here is the sucker that likes the Crapler that don't give a crap on the shinier cars that any way will end up as rust in few years.

Those one are for kids and teenagers.

Have fun.

i wasn't going to touch this one, but i'll play since you're calling many of us "suckers". :rolleyes:

1) resale value. better quality vehicles don't hold their value simply "just because".

2) without yearly oil spraying big 3 cars rust much worse than the so called imports.

3) most people have better thing's to spend their money on than a car. but, some do realize that a higher investment on quality means less headaches in the long run.

4) compare a big 3 car and import after 10 years on the road. the proof is in the puddin.

like i said, you have to look at each class of vehicle, not each brand. chrysler may make good vans, but their cars suck the big one.

as for premium gas, you're somewhat correct in that someone putting premium into an engine that doesn't need it is wasting money. but, some cars do in fact call for premium along with engines with higher compression. there IS a difference between regular and premium...

Very rarely I have seen smart drivers in Honda/Acura, maybe you are the exception.

A Honda driver usualy is a rabit driver it has to jump in few seconds to 100km/h.

With the age our vision about driving change.

At my office I have young felows that the only thing in mind about cars is rabit drive style.

They work even two jobs just to get the shinier rabit car.

Each one with his own priorities.

Live is good as long each of us can go for his dream car, women, vacation, fishing trips a.s.o.

Let's get back to fishing.

Edited by gogan

I bought a new 2008 ram 1500 4x4.. other then stupid things I have done to it, it hasnt let me down once so far.Just changed the orignal disc brakes on her at 130 thousand kms. Paid $200 for new rotars and high quality pads. Get her oil sprayed every fall..Im willing to bet it lasts as long as any Chev Ford or Toyota. I suppose my point is, they will last as long as the owner looks after it. Now when it comes to changing the spark plugs in that Hemi , im not looking forward to that bill. 2 plugs per cylinder A friend had his done at the stealership....$800.00 bucks...Yikes.. :wallbash:

Now, now, my Father was in the military for 25 years, served in Egypt and so was my brother-in-law, served in Cyprus and Lebanon and his son currently is and has served in Afghanistan. So, let's not get into that, I very much appreciate the sacrifice given by the men and women of all nations, that's not what I meant and you know it. However, let's not bury our head in the sand here by suggesting that the government is always right and isn't above creating a little evil of their own, no government is.

I can live with that statement it read to me differently that it was only one nation that had issues with their government. I fought hard to get the freedom to have an electorial process to chose my government and while my choice is not always chosen I support them whole heartedly till the next chance to choose is presented.

Art

I had a 13 year old tercel with 450K on it, aside from reg maintenance, the only thing I did was change the clutch at 375K. Sold it last year cause I needed a truck for my business. Because of my experience with the tercel first choice was a Tacoma or Tundra, but just couldnt afford the price so ended up with a Silverado. Crossing my fingers that it won't let me down. 30K Kms a year later, so far so good.