old salmon skein

dsukh

Hey, I have a question regarding some old skein.

I have a friend who went salmon fishing for the first time back in early September. He took home a hen since it was his first and was really excited to cure the roe and fish the runs.

Long story short, he's never been out since. I asked him if he even cured the roe and he said no. If the skeins were frozen since that day do you think it'll still be good to use? If it is I might take it out of his freezer and cure it to use. Don't want to waste it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Hey, I have a question regarding some old skein.

I have a friend who went salmon fishing for the first time back in early September. He took home a hen since it was his first and was really excited to cure the roe and fish the runs.

Long story short, he's never been out since. I asked him if he even cured the roe and he said no. If the skeins were frozen since that day do you think it'll still be good to use? If it is I might take it out of his freezer and cure it to use. Don't want to waste it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Should be OK, but will be a b..tch to tie, as in sticky gooey fingers, likely wont treat after been frozen and thawed, but should work very well, for a week or two, you will know when its gone off. LOL

Mix a cup of water , half cup salt, cup of brown sugar in a bowl. Mix well . Leave eggs in solution for 4-7 hours in fridge. Drain, dry well, ziploc, re freeze. Good for 2 years , works like a charm.

Thanks! Decided to give you recipe a shot.

8129948226_687b01eac6.jpg

Now in the fridge

Well I took out the eggs from my fridge just now and noticed the eggs now have a white center (most, not all) can anybody explain this to me? Thanks!

How long did you soak them for? If overnight, you've got your answer, lol.