Sturgeon vs truck

trevy727

well my mommy always said, if you have nothing nice to say keep your mouth shut

so, I thought that sturgeon was closed year round and on the endangered species list and the new governing body said..no catch and release fishing for them , no taking them out of the water for a photo

so I decided not to comment on it, to be polite ..I didnt post on the thread about the guy culling the truck after he reach his possession limit of trucks either..lol

well my mommy always said, if you have nothing nice to say keep your mouth shut

so, I thought that sturgeon was closed year round and on the endangered species list and the new governing body said..no catch and release fishing for them , no taking them out of the water for a photo

so I decided not to comment on it, to be polite ..I didnt post on the thread about the guy culling the truck after he reach his possession limit of trucks either..lol

Ok, so maybe the sturgeon is a bad example.

What about the awesome bass post by Moose who only has 16 replies? And was posted 3 days before?

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I think there are a bunch of stuck up people around here that sit around and look at this site all day, every day and get their 4-6 posts on per day and can't even say 'hey, great FISHING report' to the guys that spend who knows how long to put their stories and pics up.

I understand that lots of you people are friends but it is a fishing forum/ community and personally, I don't post many pics or reports because frankly, I don't think people care about them as much as their friends getting a new truck or what their friend is eating for dinner or so on and so on.

I am impartial. I understand that it is a fishing forum, but the people who have been on here longer have become good friends, whether it be in person or online, and I get that. To be honest I am more upset about this thread title :P

I wanted to see a sturgeon vs a truck... :(

Sturgeon would win. smile.gif

I can't resist...

This is mostly a male oriented forum... and from what I have been able to gather in information about the general man... he doesn't say a whole lot. He will say, nice truck, nice fish, great post... and so forth. However we all know there are exceptions to this rule and some very articulate writers here.

This forum brings together a lot of amazing people from all walks of life, who put their vast knowledge and information in one place. It also gives people a place to go, to gather, and share when they are not out on their boats or on the shore beside someone fishing or meeting for coffee. All of these things are very important to all of us and the foundation of what has made this site as popular as it is.

Rather than judge and comment on the quality, content or quantity of posts how about you just post to the ones that you personally enjoy and slide past the rest when they irk you? I do not think anyone's intention is to make this place feel like an old boys club.

The name of the site is Ontario Fishing Community .

If you define that I am sure you will have an answer to your Question!

There are hundreds, thousands even of posts that give examples of what this place is... for me it is more than just a fishing site... but then maybe I am bias, or just a girl or just a fisherman or a friend or one of the strangers that wanders here from time to time.

Either way, your post made me remember why it is I come here and I think that was a great thing ... so thank you!

I can't resist...

This is mostly a male oriented forum... and from what I have been able to gather in information about the general man... he doesn't say a whole lot. He will say, nice truck, nice fish, great post... and so forth. However we all know there are exceptions to this rule and some very articulate writers here.

This forum brings together a lot of amazing people from all walks of life, who put their vast knowledge and information in one place. It also gives people a place to go, to gather, and share when they are not out on their boats or on the shore beside someone fishing or meeting for coffee. All of these things are very important to all of us and the foundation of what has made this site as popular as it is.

Rather than judge and comment on the quality, content or quantity of posts how about you just post to the ones that you personally enjoy and slide past the rest when they irk you? I do not think anyone's intention is to make this place feel like an old boys club.

The name of the site is Ontario Fishing Community .

If you define that I am sure you will have an answer to your Question!

There are hundreds, thousands even of posts that give examples of what this place is... for me it is more than just a fishing site... but then maybe I am bias, or just a girl or just a fisherman or a friend or one of the strangers that wanders here from time to time.

Either way, your post made me remember why it is I come here and I think that was a great thing ... so thank you!

Nice post.

trucks are a part of most peoples (including me) fishing gear, they tow boats, haul gear, get you to more remote spots and for me it is also my mobile tackle box (tool box in the bed is FULL of steelhead gear lol), so a truck post is IMO a fishing related topic, if someone were to post about their 91 hatch back civic now that would be a different story haha

edit: nice truck though, to bad she aint a gm whistling.gif

Edited by Oakvillebassguy