It was time for a new truck

lew

I decided a couple years back to get myself a pick-up and bought a new 2010 F-150 Super Crew with the 5.4 engine and 310 HP.

Cnv0468.jpg

It's been a fantastic truck but I decided yesterday it was time to up-grade again and wanted to move up to an F-150 Lariat with a bunch of toys. I drove down to the dealer in Peterboro yesterday afternoon and darned if he didn't have exactly what I wanted sitting right there on his lot. We did a bit of haggling back & forth until we came to a price we were both happy with, signed some papers, and the deal was done. :)

I've heard alot of good stuff about the new Eco Boost engine with 365 horsepower so that's what I got in it.

I went with a dark brown truck with light brown leather bucket seats.

004.jpg

20" chrome wheels

011.jpg

010.jpg

The seats are 10 way power and have both heat and cooling function.

001.jpg

I also got the center consol shifter.

006.jpg

It's got an 8" screen in the dash for GPS and also a back-up camera that shows in the same screen when the truck is in reverse. Very nice for hooking up the boat trailer.

007.jpg

Power moon roof plus power sliding rear window, power adjustable pedals and telescoping steering wheel.

008.jpg

And more bells & whistles than I can even remember right now, but the truck basically does everything but drive itself

They still have to spray in the Line-x bed liner and install the tonneau cover plus a couple other things, but I'll be getting it Monday morning.

I'm hauling the boat down to Lake St. Clair in about 8 or 9 days so that should be a good test for the new rig.

Anyways, just thought some may be interested.

Edited by lew

You'll love the Ecoboost Lew. The HP that it throws out is amazing. Ya and get yourself the intercooler grill on the front. I picked one up for about $150 (all aluminium) and installed myself, took me a whole beer to do that job!

Rob C

Edited by Rob C

You bought a truck Rob? Im going backwards.LOL

There ya go Lew. You can do it in half the time, drinking a coke. :rofl2:

:clapping:

Yup 2011 F150 FX4 with the ecoboost. Got it last summer, if ya'd stop by, ya woulda noticed :whistling::clapping:

Rob C

Edited by Rob C

Nice new Ride Lew! You sure that ain't black? :blink:

As Bill notes.... let us know your thoughts after you put some miles on it. I had a cop at a ride check call me a c... s..... after looking at my (5.0 litre coyotes) fuel consumption read out showing 11.8 or so litres/100km. Told me his "ecobust" was burning 18litres/100km. Hope he was just an odd duck and hope that 6 has the guts to pull your heavy boat.

Gerry.. you have the Ecoboost or the 5.0 in yours???

Edited by irishfield