It was time for a new truck

lew

Nice new Ride Lew! You sure that ain't black? :blink:

As Bill notes.... let us know your thoughts after you put some miles on it. I had a cop at a ride check call me a c... s..... after looking at my (5.0 litre coyotes) fuel consumption read out showing 11.8 or so litres/100km. Told me his "ecobust" was burning 18litres/100km. Hope he was just an odd duck and hope that 6 has the guts to pull your heavy boat.

Gerry.. you have the Ecoboost or the 5.0 in yours???

Must be something going on with his Ford, my Ram does 18/100 towing. I can get 12/100 if I'm really eco-concious when I'm not towing.... about the same as my old Suburban :(

You won't be disappointed Lew. I will tell you however, it takes a good number of miles before you get the fuel consumption ratings. As for towing capacity, the eco boost has one of the higher ratings. My brother bought one and put 1000kms on it before going to Lake Nipigon with it towing a 37 ft. fifth wheel and behind that, his 21ft Skeeter. Fuel consumption was better on his than my Tundra hauling my 17.5ft Lund.

He is now getting in the neighborhood of 30 mpg hauling empty.

Thanks folks, I'm lookin forward to a few good years with this truck.

For those of you who asked about the colour, it's called Kodiak Brown. It's very dark and does almost appear black in the picture, but looks really sharp, specially when the light hits it.

The suggestion for the screen cover for the inter-cooler is a good idea and something I'll look into.

As for the Eco Boost, I can only hope it's as good as what I've heard. I've talked to a few guys who have it and for the most part, their very happy. I read alot of the different websites and there's always talk about trucks and again, the vast majority of folks with the Eco Boost have positive things to say. I'm getting around 13-14/100k with the 5.4, so we'll see how the Eco stacks up to those numbers.

Thanks for the comparison with your brothers truck Ron, that's the kinda stuff I've been hearing.

Anyone who thinks they'll get good mileage with a truck, specially towing a heavier boat is only kidding themselves, but we should all realize that going in. I figure gas prices are what they are and there's nothing we can do about it.

This truck was a huge amount of $$$$, so the few dollars I'll save on gas with the Eco boost have long since vanished anyways :lol: :lol:

Gerry, that's a good looking rig you've got there. I looked for you this past summer when we we're heading north, it woulda been good to hook up for awhile...maybe next year.

Jim, looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the folks next weekend, it's gonna be a great trip.

nofish4me, the fire engine red is actually called Red Pearl and is pretty nice

And just so you know Brian, Diane and I had lunch at the A&W last week and after all these years, I still go for the Poppa Burger & a HUGE mug of root beer every time :lol::thumbsup_anim:

Wayne,

I have the 5.0L. I looked very closely at the Ecoboost and did plenty of 'real world' research on it. The results showed that the fuel consumption was the same for both. I test drove both before and I was really impressed with the power of the Ecoboost, practically the same power as the 5.0L. The Ecoboost's rated HP is 365, while the 5.0 is 360. What swayed me to stick with the 5.0L was that Ford wanted $2k more for the Ecoboost with no advantage in fuel savings or pulling power. Some say they'll reap the rewards on resale, that the 5.0L will depreciate more but I'm not convinced that this will be the case......but I have been wrong before so who knows.

In any case they are both really nice trucks, the power difference from my 2006 5.4L is amazing.

Lew, I left a little early that day so I was actually ahead of you.

What a PURDY NEW TRUCK... :) ..just check your owners manual to see if/how many miles they want on that engine BEFORE towing anything.

It looks like you got every toy (option) that's available in a truck.... :thumbsup_anim: ...that baby is a lifetime investment.

Good Luck with the new Towing Machine,

Bob

What a PURDY NEW TRUCK... :) ..just check your owners manual to see if/how many miles they want on that engine BEFORE towing anything.

It looks like you got every toy (option) that's available in a truck.... :thumbsup_anim: ...that baby is a lifetime investment.

Good Luck with the new Towing Machine,

Bob

Thanks Bob, that wasn't the reply I was expecting from you :lol: :lol:

Thanks Bob, that wasn't the reply I was expecting from you :lol: :lol:

WELL...................I was going to suggest you purchased the wrong truck....

I would of gotten a Silver Truck......much easier to keep clean.... :whistling:

Oh Man; I’ve always been a GM guy; BUT.

I went for a ride and checked out the toys in Brian’s (SlowPoke) new Dodge this week and now having a look at yours Lew; I’m starting to slide towards the dark side. But I haven’t seen a new Chevy, all decked out yet so I might still be OK. ;)

Nice truck Lew congrats. :thumbsup_anim:

PS; how hard was it for you BB not to type TOY---???? :rofl2:

Dan

Oh Man; I’ve always been a GM guy; BUT.

I went for a ride and checked out the toys in Brian’s (SlowPoke) new Dodge this week and now having a look at yours Lew; I’m starting to slide towards the dark side. But I haven’t seen a new Chevy, all decked out yet so I might still be OK. ;)

Nice truck Lew congrats. :thumbsup_anim:

PS; how hard was it for you BB not to type TOY---???? :rofl2:

Dan

You said it not me that Ford's are TOYS....LOL..... :)

(only kidding)

Nice!

Lew let me know how that Ecoboost works out for you. Were getting a new truck next year and I've been drowling over it. You'll love that back up camera

for hook'n up the boat!

My buddy has a new F-150 but with the 5 Litre and is getting great mileage, so the ecoboost should be even better!

Congrats Man!

Thanks again guys.

You'll love that back up camera for hook'n up the boat!

The red truck has the camera too Greg, but it shows up in the rear view mirror and is only about 2" square and is somewhat hard to see. With the new 8" screen it's gonna be like watching TV.

And Joe, your starting to sound like my wife. She asked me why I was buying another new truck already and I told her the red one was getting all dusty. :lol: :lol:

I'm a geek by profession so all this tech in the new trucks excies me to no end! Those pictures have greatly

increased my desire to get a new truck :)

I really like the brown as well..looks very sharp with chrome trimmings, but I will be getting the silver with black trim as I'm terrible for washing my truck/car HAHA! Can't wait to get into that Loaded FX4!

Edited by RangerGuy

Thanks again guys.

And Joe, your starting to sound like my wife. She asked me why I was buying another new truck already and I told her the red one was getting all dusty. :lol: :lol:

With the way gas prices are, you should of told her it was cheaper to buy a new truck with a full tank of gas then fill up the one you have... :rofl2:

Actually our gas prices are FINALLY coming down....down her 10 cents to now $3.99 per gallon....but my son just moved to Virginia and gas there is only $3.23 per gallon and their expecting it to drop below $3...maybe even close to $2.50 per gallon as the weeks go on.