Just totally got a guy on kijii busted....

bigredfisher

Ata boy! I think I remember a threat last winter about the same thing, what a shame man. Next time arrange to meet the guy somewhere to buy the roe, and show up with a c.o and watch how fast he craps his pants LOL Nothing like the feeling of busting a poacher canadian.gif

Well saw one of them roe selling guys. I told him it was illegal and still continued to try to sell it to me. Called crimestoppers and they want me to forward the emails .... Totally busted lol

Ata boy! I think I remember a threat last winter about the same thing, what a shame man. Next time arrange to meet the guy somewhere to buy the roe, and show up with a c.o and watch how fast he craps his pants LOL Nothing like the feeling of busting a poacher canadian.gif

Since when is the guy selling roe a poacher? He seems more stupid then anything.

Bill, there are a bunch of guys out East way that zip anything they can snag at Ganny and then tie bags and sell them.

I believe it is illegal to sell roe as well, but I think the poaching angle is more from acquiring the roe...

from the MNR page...

"Question Re: Using Fish Roe for Bait

Fishing with single fish eggs or roe bags is very effective at times during the fall salmon run. Can I use the eggs from fish that I catch as bait?

Answer:

Fish roe (eggs) is common bait especially for salmon and trout fishing. The using of roe is not restricted by any laws provided that there is no prohibition against using organic bait the area you are fishing (areas where artificial lure or artificial fly may only be sued).

Fish roe may be legally stripped (taken) from fish that are legally caught provided that the fish itself is not discarded and wasted. You may also give fish roe to other anglers for their use but an angler may not sell, trade or barter fish or fish parts including the eggs. Only the holder of a commercial fish licence or an aquaculture licence may sell fish roe."

If Kijiji seller has these papers, it's basically moot. I'm sure the CO will determine these facts and if illegal, they should put out a news release to let others know their days are numbered.

I would hope the MNR takes its time which it may and do a thurow investagtion to collect the names of the buyers as well and charge them also , you can see with out buyers as this is where the problem starts , there then would be no pochers and this way we might rid our selves of that problem all together , then good luck at doing that .

I would hope the MNR takes its time which it may and do a thurow investagtion to collect the names of the buyers as well and charge them also , you can see with out buyers as this is where the problem starts , there then would be no pochers and this way we might rid our selves of that problem all together , then good luck at doing that .

You're still assuming this guy harvested the fish illegally. The MNR has bigger fish to fry then some guy selling roe on Kijiji, lol.

The problem starts with the buyers? Investigations? Its some salmon eggs, not a heroin smuggling ring. Lol i wonder if they'll bust the guys door down, toss flash grenades and point m16s in his face. And while a ridiculous amount of resources are being used to stop a guy selling his eggs, we can cry about a lack of CO's on the rivers.

hmm, CO's can't catch a break...there's never enough of them and when they do their job it's still not good enough

everybody complains about the roe slaughter-fests and the MNR is following up on a tip on illegal selling of roe...how is that a waste of time? or bigger fish to fry? it's a perfect example of the tips line working

hats off to bigredfisher for reporting it and hats off to the MNR for looking into it

most people harvest fish and roe for personal use or friends, but when you're advertising it online that's different...somebody selling roe online and giving the guy the leeway of assuming the fish was harvested legally...come on...

Would be better if someone just caught him poaching the fish though. How many other fish did he give away before he got the genius plan to sell roe online? He must have a lot, to keep up with online demand. The point is, we need the co's on the water to stop this ridiculousness before it starts.

There's a fine line between do-gooder and weasel. The cause may be better served by informing kijiji that it's illegal to sell roe. This would not only stop this egg wielding villain but others like him. Or, you could continue to dissect this unruly cartel limb by limb and boast about it online.