rod broke!

mikeseb

Some stupid half head nook just broke my okuma aventa 15'6, if anyone has a bottom section to one ( maybe the top of yours broke) Consider it sold lol If anyone knows of any rod repair places please post the numbers!! I guess im on the fly for the next few days lol

ON THE PLUS WE GOT IT ON FILM, VIDEO TO COME

Edited by Oakvillebassguy

Lorn Green used to tell guys no warranty for rods broken on 'Nooks. If the graphite is broken there is no repair possible. If there's a guide broken or a tip you can take it to Angling Specialties in Mississauga. Or see if Okuma is prepared to replace broken rods. Some companies will replace broken rods since rods cost peanuts once the tooling is set up.

Thanks man I owe you one!! Was it from a 15'6

Good luck with that.

I had no reply from Okuma,when my son broke his at the ferrul.BPS didnt even take it back.

It was the middle section.

I,ll be in contact with you,via pm, with pic,s of the bottom end.

Some stupid half head nook just broke my okuma aventa 15'6, if anyone has a bottom section to one ( maybe the top of yours broke) Consider it sold lol If anyone knows of any rod repair places please post the numbers!! I guess im on the fly for the next few days lol

ON THE PLUS WE GOT IT ON FILM, VIDEO TO COME

If your rod is broken in the middle of nowhere, it's actually an easy fix with a graphite spigot. You'll be lucky if your rod fits Misfish's rod because most rods, even of the same model, are different which is why warranty replacement sections from rod companies require you to send in all pieces -- it's for proper fitting. A poor fit usually leaves sections rattling at the joint.

Misfish, your rod can also be fixed by using a graphite sleeve but it will not be as inconspicuous as a spigot repair.

Edited by j ace

Really? It might not fit? How would I go about fixing mine ? I called frank from bronte outdoor he said he knows a guy in brampton who can fix it for 40 bucks, theres another place near franks store that fixes rods as well and quoted me around the same price.

If your rod is broken in the middle of nowhere, it's actually an easy fix with a graphite spigot. You'll be lucky if your rod fits Misfish's rod because most rods, even of the same model, are different which is why warranty replacement sections from rod companies require you to send in all pieces -- it's for proper fitting. A poor fit usually leaves sections rattling at the joint.

Misfish, your rod can also be fixed by using a graphite sleeve but it will not be as inconspicuous as a spigot repair.

Those sticks are incredibly useless, if you can afford to just replace it.

When I started I picked up an Okuma Aventa. It blew up almost immediately, so I had it warrantied and it blew up again.

Lots of float rods out there of much higher quality for a good price!

If you want to keep it simply because you like the stick then it really isn't that big a deal to have it repaired. I'm sure you can find someone local to do it cheap.

The only float rod i ever owned that didnt blow up at some point was a quantum cold water i bought for 45 bucks at caledonia b&t.. good luck with your replacement but i agree with kemper, replace if you can afford it!

For sure buddy, Im going to be getting a pfluerger 12'6 from someone on the forum to get me by (anyone have any experiences with this rod?), but I for sure want to replace the aventa for lager rivers and TROUT ONLY from now on haha I now understand why a lot of guys have diff rods for salmon and chrome lol

Let me know when your up this way.

I have blown up a couple of Okuma wire dipsey rods. I took them back without a receipt and Natural Sports sent them back to Okuma where they were repaired and returned for $10 shipping charge. At least Okuma honors their warranty.

HIH

I have blown up a couple of Okuma wire dipsey rods. I took them back without a receipt and Natural Sports sent them back to Okuma where they were repaired and returned for $10 shipping charge. At least Okuma honors their warranty.

HIH

Funny. I phoned and left a message,even sent an email of the pics. NADA.

Care to share a number for Natural Sport? Maybe they can help both Oak and I out.