Good to be Back in Ontario!

mepps

Hey guys and gals, its great to be back in Ontario! After 5 years of living in Nova Scotia, we made the move to Toronto in early August. I spent a lot of time on the water in NS, but never got into anything too substantial. Caught plenty of smallies (biggest was 18 inch), and tons of beautiful brookies (biggest was 3lbs) as well as just one gorgeous Atlantic salmon (7-8lb range - mostly caught tiny par). I started making trips out to New Brunswick in search of Esox and usually came up empty handed, though I did get into a few nice ones - those St John River muskie are MEAN! I'll get an east coast report together one of these days!

Ontario has treated me very well so far. The fishing has been nothing short of spectacular when outside of the city, urban fishing has been...well challenging! We've caught several bass over 20 inches, and a few nice little muskie. Annnd, its been great to get together with some fellow OFNers!

Here are a few of my favorite shots since August!

London carp on corn. We caught a ton of these, all around the same size. They are a lot prettier in London then they are around the GTA!

IMG_0602.jpg

07.jpg

The girlfriend with her biggest fish to date - 19.5 inch (looks bigger cus shes only 5'1")

patricia-bass.jpg

My son Ash and his biggest bass.

ash-bass.jpg

06.jpg

14.jpg

37.jpg

Little 32 incher caught trolling a Super Cisco

clive-muskie.jpg

34 incher caught with a 7 inch YUM Dinger while bass fishing.

33.jpg

Edited by Fishing Fury

Hey guys and gals, its great to be back in Ontario! After 5 years of living in Nova Scotia, we made the move to Toronto in early August.

London carp on corn. We caught a ton of these, all around the same size. They are a lot prettier in London then they are around the GTA!

IMG_0602.jpg

07.jpg

33.jpg

Those are some fine fishiee you caught here in Ontario.

Time sure does fly. I remember seeing you down at the Toronto Islands in the spring of 2005, 2006 which is about 7 yrs. ago now. Good to see you back around. There doesn't seem to be any T.O harbour front pike reports here anymore.

Thanks guys!

The east coast was great, and the people there were always incredibly friendly! I'll miss being near the ocean, but as TG said, most my family and friends are here in Ontario, and there is certainly a sense of belonging!

It was 2003 when I started fishing TO Islands, and 2004 when I joined OFC. It's hard to believe it was that long ago! A lot has changed, and a lot has stayed the same.

Since 2004, I've got married, had a child, lived all over the place (Mexico, BVI, all over Canada...) and traveled every change I've had. I may not be married anymore, but everything else has been going extremely well (event the breakup went well!). I was able to stay with the same company I worked for in Halifax, and got a 20% raise to return to Ontario. I'll be shipped to the Philippines in November for work and hopefully finding some fish while I'm there.

Ontario has been wonderful so far, from fishing with great friends, to enjoying a Thanksgiving dinner with family (the first in 5 years!) I'll do my best to get out to the next GTG!

Most of my photos are now taken with a Canon 7D. The images with the soft out of focus background are taken with a cheap($100ish) Canon EF 50mm f/1.8

Edited by Fishing Fury

As for the islands, the fish are still there, and lots of people still catching them! I haven't had any luck there since I returned, but I'm confident that there will be some big pike waiting for me this spring! Stay tuned!