Boat Recarpeting

bassinator

Hi all...my 2002 17' Starcraft is in desperate need of recarpeting. I live in Brampton and not interested in travelling too far to get the work done. If anyone knows of a reputable place I could take my "baby" I sure would appreciate it. Also I know it's a little hard to estimate what it will cost without seeing the boat but any ballpark figures as to what it might cost?? Thanks Again...Jeff

I did a 18' bassboat and it took 19 hrs., but I saved $1,000 so it was an easy choice. I had never worked with carpet of any type but it was easy and turned out mint,just use the old pieces as a patern and make sure you run the nap in the same direction.

I did a 18' bassboat and it took 19 hrs., but I saved $1,000 so it was an easy choice. I had never worked with carpet of any type but it was easy and turned out mint,just use the old pieces as a patern and make sure you run and nap in the same direction.

SEE........that's why it took you so long.......you napped too much on that job..... :rofl2:

I agree with the others........it's a do it yourself project...not hard, just time consuming depending on how much sleep time you get in... :whistling:

Good Luck,

Bob

I did my 17' tinner about 5 years ago. It is definitely a job you could handle yourself. Took a while to remove all the panels and consoles but it was fairly simple. Keep your old carpet if you can to make a rough template when cutting the new stuff. Make any final adjustments once new is in place. Giver B)

Hi all...my 2002 17' Starcraft is in desperate need of recarpeting. I live in Brampton and not interested in travelling too far to get the work done. If anyone knows of a reputable place I could take my "baby" I sure would appreciate it. Also I know it's a little hard to estimate what it will cost without seeing the boat but any ballpark figures as to what it might cost?? Thanks Again...Jeff

I've been down the re-carpeting road as well and would agree its a fairly long process but besides the savings ($150 Total) there is a certain sense of accomplishment in knowing you did the work yourself as well as getting acquainted with all the under deck mechanics of your boat.. With that being said if you decide you don't want to take the task on Lakeview Marine in Manchester (Port Perry) offers upholstery services but I'm not 100% sure if re-carpeting is offered as part of the package. I can tell you that having dealt with" Brandon" and the crew at Lakeview on a number of occasions, customer care is priority one. You can reach them at 905-982-0300. Good luck.

Edited by moxie