State record Muskie rumor

mistaredone

Totally random question.... but IF this becomes a record... can more than one person's name be on it? Or would it technically be the person who "hooked" the fish?

Only one name can appear on the application and that'd be the name of the person who hooked, fought and landed the fish.

Only one name can appear on the application and that'd be the name of the person who hooked, fought and landed the fish.

But in this case, didnt they say that it was a team effort, and all three had a hand in fighting/landing the fish?

Does it go to the guy that "hooked" it?

But in this case, didnt they say that it was a team effort, and all three had a hand in fighting/landing the fish?

Does it go to the guy that "hooked" it?

If that's really the case, I think it will be disqualified.

This is from the second link on the first page that was posted.

"I'am the guy in the middle on the picture above. It was 58.0 lbs. and 59 inches long. I caught it on 8lb test line while fishing for big smallies on Bellaire. Took 2 hours and three guys to get it in the boat."

Now...was he the only one fighting it, or did they take turns?

Or

Did he hook/fight it, and had help from the other two in landing it?

Let me clarify that. Friends will always say that it was a team effort. It's the right thing to say. But if one of the three was able to put the guy on the fish because of his knowledge of the water and another was very helpful because of his experience as a netman, it'll have been a 3 man effort but only the guy who set the hook, fought the fish and brought it to the net will get credit for the record.

From a post that started as a rumour we have done well. Thank you for putting this story up and keeping the info coming. Some people are surprised about the ending. I am impressed by how much the old record was beat. This is one of the big ones we all try to catch. I hope people realize how great a fish it is.

Edited by glen

I don't know if the fish was a record or not....don't really care...

BUT there is DEFINITELY a NEW RECORD HERE.......a discussion of a probable

muskie record without the thread being LOCKED... :whistling:

BB, just say something about your Tundra and we'll get this sucker locked down in no time :) :)

My first pot stir on the board... Sorry to the mods in advance...

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/fishing/2012/10/pending-michigan-state-record-muskie?photo=0#node-1001478815

Look at the second page of the story, there is a video of the fish. 2 hours after the fight and who knows how long after that - the fish still struggling for a breath.

They took a legal fish, Great! They killed it, they're entitled too.... But kill it humanly.