Places to fish with in half an hour of Hamilton?

hotsky

Was just looking at Google maps to see if I missed anything close to home that can be fished. I've been to obvious and popular places like the Harbour, Coots, Binbrook, Grand river, Mountsberg, even 50 point conservation pond. As well as some others a little father away (Guelph and Fanashawe lake, Thames river, Dunnville, Long point, Big creek). That's since picking up the hobby in May. :)

I love trying new places and wondering if I'm missing anything else close close by (about half an hour away from Hamilton, that I zip down to for a few hours after work or on a weekend). Any good smaller creeks or lakes/ponds that I overlooked? As to what I'd like to fish for, bass, pike, carp, catfish, haven't fished for trout yet but basically if they're biting I'm interested :D

Thanks

Edited by Gray_Wolf

I thought about Bronte, 16 mile and Credit river. Haven't tried any of them yet. Heard they get busy, and I'm a fan of solitude when I'm fishing unless im with a buddy of course. Out of the 3 which one is the least busiest? best fishing? Any of them have pike?

I'll try Hamilton Harbour again first, I heard there supposed to be pike there as well. Toronto Islands sounds tempting but I just got a speeding ticket recently... :P I'm just not a big fan of driving there... one time I'll try it.

Edited by Gray_Wolf

I don't mean to hijack your post Grey but as a young teen my buddies dad used to take us to place around the Woodstock area Haven Lake, Lake Haven or something like that. Back then it was always good fishing, been racking my brains trying to think of it so I thought I would post here to see if someone knows a place close to that name somewhat in that area.

Not to be confused with Park Haven on Highway 59 N,

waterford ponds, binbrook, 50 pt marina (PERCH!!!)
I've spent a lot of time at Binbrook this summer, been to 50 point but only fished the pond there...never heard of waterford ponds until now and had to look it up. A bit father than half an hour but I'll add it to the list :)

Hyper Active, so that's around Woodstock area? I did a quick search but didn't come up with anything by that name.

I've spent a lot of time at Binbrook this summer, been to 50 point but only fished the pond there...never heard of waterford ponds until now and had to look it up. A bit father than half an hour but I'll add it to the list :)

Hyper Active, so that's around Woodstock area? I did a quick search but didn't come up with anything by that name.

you won't be dissapointed if you go there... :whistling: bass pike crappie and the odd trout apperently (though i've never caught one)

Have you seen any walleye? Last time I was there some people caught a very nice one around 20".

You don't have to confine yourself to the pond at 50pt. You can fish in certain area's in the marina this time of the year and you can also fish off the rocks on the lake. Both area's you can cath trout and salmon.

You can also head down to Jordan Harbour or Port Dalhousie. Another area you may want to check out the old Welland Canal in and around Dane City (by the John Deere plant). Several different species there and not that far away either. Good luck.