NF, Spray sealer for aluminum boat?

Court R

If the rivets are accesible on both side, try tightening them first.

If they can not be tightened any more, then drill and replace them.

If you don't want to go thru the hastle, then find out which rivets are leaking as use something like 3M 5200, or Gluvit, and dab that on the leaking rivets.

Bulldog rivet repair video

Knew someone had to capitilize on it sooner or later! Although they should learn how to debur a hole before doing a video.

Cost of their product..

Rivet repair kit BFR-1 - $79.00 USD

Rivet Repair Deluxe kit includes rivet gun BFRD-1 - $149.00 USD

Extra Rivets - 25 pack BFRR-25 - $13.99 USD

If you want it fixed correctly my shop rate is only $60/hr, sealer is $10 for an entire tube and rivets are about 50 cents each for blinds and less for solids. Mark the leakers and bring me your boat.

Edited by irishfield

Thanks for the replies, I can replace them too but was wondering if there was a easiler way with a spray coating or such as its just a cottage boat.

Dude you know how many people have found themselves in a very scarey situation BECAUSE ITS JUST A COTTAGE BOAT . Anytime you are out away from shore you need to trust your vessel . Just a word from someone who knows , dont cheap out on your boat ,fix what needs to be and do it right, you could have kids , grand kids , wifes , etc. on board tell them , "it was to much at the time " , like I said someone who knows ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2R_VN_vH_g

I mean, if it works on a tinnie with a screen door floor....

in all seriousness though, my neighbour bought this stuff to coat some spots on his tinnie that had minor leaks, and while it slowed them down, flex seal did NOT fix the issue.

Good luck in your search!

Ha, I just came on to say the same thing!