My 1st Tiger Musky!

Stoty

Never caught one myself, or even seen one for that matter, but it'd be nice to get one just to have the picture.

Same here Lew. I've got a buddy that has caught 6 or 7 of them from different lakes that I fish as well but haven't had the pleasure of seeing one up close.

Nice fish Stoty, love the markings on them.

Edited by fishnsled

I guess I may be the only other person who gets it. dunno.gif

If this was a thread that ASKED for recomendations for good dropshotting lures and Stoty piped up and said x-zone are amazing, he would have had a significant number of people agree with him.

He volunteers that same information in this thread and a few jump down his neck.

The guy is sponsored and he is using the Board to promote that, albeit overtly is some cases. Sponsorship deals are tough and the guys fortunate enough to get them need to promote the product as often and overtly as possible in the short season that we have here in Ontario.

Unless there is some Board policy on promotion of a sponsor, each person on here is just providing their own opinion including me, and you know what they say about opinions.....

This comment coming from an admin leads me to think a policy could/may be coming - which would be a real shame.

If this was a thread that ASKED for recomendations for good dropshotting lures and Stoty piped up and said x-zone are amazing, he would have had a significant number of people agree with him.

He volunteers that same information in this thread and a few jump down his neck.

The guy is sponsored and he is using the Board to promote that, albeit overtly is some cases. Sponsorship deals are tough and the guys fortunate enough to get them need to promote the product as often and overtly as possible in the short season that we have here in Ontario.

Unless there is some Board policy on promotion of a sponsor, each person on here is just providing their own opinion including me, and you know what they say about opinions.....

This comment coming from an admin leads me to think a policy could/may be coming - which would be a real shame.

Totally agree!

If I dont tell what I got it on... I'm "one of those guys"

I tell what I got it on...I'm a "spammer" :lol:

Guess you can't please everyone! :D

I guess I may be the only other person who gets it. dunno.gif

Not at all. This is not a place of business. People who overtly and repeatedly use this site for shameless self promotion are taking advantage. People should feel free to mention what types of lures and techniques they are using, that being said, it is pretty obvious when someone is being a shill.

Anyways, that is a beauty little tiger. They sure are a handsome fish.

This message was typed by a Toshiba Satellite A660. I would also like to take a moment and thank Microsoft Corporation for providing me with a delightful little mouse, Sylvania for the homey glow in my den, and finally Glidden paints for providing a beautiful and bright workspace that keeps me in a positive and productive state of mind.

Nice kitty. Sure, Brookies are beautiful fish. But, because of the rarity factor, that right there is the prettiest fish swimming IMO.

Why youd go out to chase big smallies with a ML outfit and 6lb test would be my main query to this thread. Bass are still full of vinegar right now. Had a good one break off the fluoro leader this past wknd. The leader was 10lb and fresh. 6lb just sounds like youre asking for heartbreak.

Not at all. This is not a place of business. People who overtly and repeatedly use this site for shameless self promotion are taking advantage. People should feel free to mention what types of lures and techniques they are using, that being said, it is pretty obvious when someone is being a shill.

Anyways, that is a beauty little tiger. They sure are a handsome fish.

This message was typed by a Toshiba Satellite A660. I would also like to take a moment and thank Microsoft Corporation for providing me with a delightful little mouse, Sylvania for the homey glow in my den, and finally Glidden paints for providing a beautiful and bright workspace that keeps me in a positive and productive state of mind.

lol awesome :worthy:

Why youd go out to chase big smallies with a ML outfit and 6lb test would be my main query to this thread. Bass are still full of vinegar right now. Had a good one break off the fluoro leader this past wknd. The leader was 10lb and fresh. 6lb just sounds like youre asking for heartbreak.

ML with 6 lb test is a fairly standard dropshot setup. As long as you have a good reel with a nice smooth drag system, it does the trick quite nicely. I havent had an issue with losing many fish due to snap offs. Just happened that it was hooked in a decent spot. I thought for sure it was gonna break off, especially as the fish got closer to the boat and made some runs and even jumped a few times. Got lucky to land it, for sure.

I dont know.Maybe i'm just bloody stupid or something.dunno.gif I don't see any blatant advertiseing in this thread.I have had incredible success with XZONE SLAMMERS in the month since a non sponsored angler friend of mine introduced me to them. They have produced great results for any species i have used them on. I plan on using them extensively this fall both drop shotting smallies and jigging for walleye.

Im my opinion, they and swammers are the best baits to hit the market since plastic baits were invented.

Anyone who doesnt try them, just because an angler living his dream posted the name in bold type on a FISHING forum, is.....well you fill in the blanks.

Sometimes i just cant believe what i read here.dunno.gif