A couple St. Lawrence River muskies

lew

Beauties Lew !

I haven't fished there since the late 80's, early 90's. My Dad and I used to fish around St. Anicet and Ste. Barbe. St. Anicet was always a little more wind friendly as the lake wasn't as wide around that stretch. Got to get back there again.

Congrats and looking forward to finally getting a ride in that skeeter down at St. Clair.

Jim

very nice,

never fished for muskie so may be a dumb question but bare with me. What is the purpose of having the rods in the water like that? I guess you know you have a fish when you hear the drag peeling? thx

The main purpose is to keep your bait cleaner longer so you waste less time cleaning weeds off you lures. The rod in the water picks up weeds so that they don't travel down your line to your bait. Also, if you're fishing close to the boat, your bait will travel a couple of feet deeper compared to what it would if you had the rod in a standard trolling position.

ps. There are no dumb questions.

How'd you guys make out Paul, any luck with the pickerel ??

Yup.....caught this nice girl. Not sure but the sores on its side, i believe, is VHS.Have caught a few bass in the St Lawernce that have the same thing on them.Red, bloody leisions.:dunno:

5lber_zpsc0866ec4.jpeg