LSC this weekend

mistaredone

The winds last weekend post poned my LSC trip but the forecast looks good for this weekend:)

The plan: Launch Sat morning from the Thames or Bell river and troll the main lake. If we can find weed beds do some casting.

Sunday the wind picks up to 10km NE so we will launch out of the Detriot river

The questions: Any recomendations for hotels/motels in Windsor or Bell river areas? Any areas I should worry about leaving my boat over night?

What will the water clarity likely be this weekend DR and main lake? No rain forcasted Thursday 15km NE, Friday 10km NE, Sat 5km E, Sun 10km NE?

Thanks

Steve

The Petit Dragon motel in Belle River is where we always stay.

165 First St.....519-728-1147

Decent place with several restaurants within walking distance and only a 2 minute drive to the boat ramp.

We'll be there the 1st weekend in November

The winds last weekend post poned my LSC trip but the forecast looks good for this weekend:)

The plan: Launch Sat morning from the Thames or Bell river and troll the main lake. If we can find weed beds do some casting.

Sunday the wind picks up to 10km NE so we will launch out of the Detriot river

The questions: Any recomendations for hotels/motels in Windsor or Bell river areas? Any areas I should worry about leaving my boat over night?

What will the water clarity likely be this weekend DR and main lake? No rain forcasted Thursday 15km NE, Friday 10km NE, Sat 5km E, Sun 10km NE?

Thanks

Steve

Be a man and camp :)

I've got a trailer @ rochester place campground. I'll be there this weekend. Not sure what the lake looks like, it's been pretty windy the last week or so.

I took up Lews suggestion on the petite Dragon, well priced and great location.

If you like Chinese food there's a great little place right beside the motel, and across the street from there is a 24 hr Timmies.

The marina is just north of the motel and at the far end of the pier is a nice restaurant where the group of us go for breakfast every morning.

Thanks for all the replys. I took up Lews suggestion on the petite Dragon, well priced and great location.

Mark, I'll give you a shout this weekend. If your around when we are trolling your area we'll defiantly stop by fer a pop.

Looking forward to it, good luck tomorrow morning!

And yes, Lew, that is a great place for breakfast... Never had the Chinese from there, but that's good to know as well, we usually order pizza from Chochi's... it's usually pretty good but they close pretty early sometimes.

Hey Steve looks like you guys made it down how did you make out? it was a slow day out there today from what we heard I got 2 one 44" and the other smaller. Hope you guys have fun if your looking for some good eats try captain Nicks up stairs at the belle river marina awesome food big portions and amazing gyros

Late start to the day because we stopped at a few places to find reels. Ended at a tackle shop in London and grabed a shimano 301te and had them put a power handle on and also picked up a Cardiff, bulldawg, kickin minnow and some handlebars. 0 for 3 but a great day on the water still. Trolled the hump and lost one 40s fish. The rest came on bulldawgs around the mouth of the Bell in a short window. Detroit river in the morning

Edited by mistaredone