Gentlemen, this is frightening, and serious

Dave Bailey

Then why are we living 60 years longer on average?

60 years is a conservative estimate.

The environment and other things play a role in that as well.

Were no longer expending calories/nutrients to keep warm, or gather food etc.

Some studies (real studies, double blind randomized) suggest that if you remove all other factors, calorie consumption is directly correlated to the length of ones life. And on top of that, metabolism is basically whats killing you, slowly. Again, if you remove all other factors.

To discuss these topics at large, you need to realize the variables are literally, EVERYTHING.

That being said, there is no real answer, only more questions ala science.

But, I enjoy learning. I also like to be aware of the world around me. I might be alone here, but I'd rather die knowledgeable then die ignorant.

If we came to a conclusion on this discussion, it would be a world changing achievement, because we would have solved untold numbers of issues in our universe.

I don't think thats going to happen, but it certainly is possible. Especially if this thread continues for the next billion years, lol.

Egyptian kings ruled at an age of 12 most often. If they werent assassinated, they died of old age, usually around 20-25. If im "dying" for an extra 60 years, thats fine. Sounds like more of a depressed slant from a personal perspective, but i havent googled enough psychology to assess yet, i suppose.

Egyptian kings ruled at an age of 12 most often. If they werent assassinated, they died of old age, usually around 20-25. If im "dying" for an extra 60 years, thats fine. Sounds like more of a depressed slant from a personal perspective, but i havent googled enough psychology to assess yet, i suppose.

Are you aware that there are still people in this world that study???

Actually learning about various topics does not involve "googling".

"life expectancy" is very flawed. There was little to no science actually studying this topic throughout human history. It's only been studied for a very, very short time.

But, if I live secluded, in a house with 4 people. I outlive all of them, and they all die at different stages of life, I can tell you the life expectancy of my household by just dividing a few numbers. It's hardly a scientific conclusion of worldwide expectancy throughout human history however.

It's almost time for a Blue thumbsup_anim.gif

Edited by manitoubass2

A world of difference between ingesting whole foods that are fatty (avocados, nuts) than ingesting foods with added fat (meat with lots of oil on the pan, anything deep fried). Chances are, you will get full before you will get fat eating proper fats. If you're fat, you're eating too much oil or dairy fat somewhere in your diet. You won't get fat eating peanut butter.

Dairy fat is also very fattening to people, found in milk and cheese.

Dairy is much, much more damaging than grains. It's the only thing on the Food Pyramid that is 100% complete propaganda. It's not healthy for you. At all. Even raw, organic dairy from cows that get pampered from birth. Why? Because cow's milk has a very specific purpose on this planet. It's for BABY COWS! If you offered someone a grilled cheese sandwich, and after they ate it, you told them that the cheese was made from your neighbour's wife's breastmilk, they would probably be disgusted. Well at least that's human milk, meant for humans. Now just imagine how disgusting cow's milk is. Cows pumped with drugs and hormones to boot.

Dairy will cause you IBS, crohn's, UC, acne, BO, massive phlegm production, and many ailments that are improperly labeled as "flus" or "colds" are actually your immune system dealing with the toxicity in your body that is caused by ingesting..dairy.

Dairy is in everything, from bread, to candies, chips, coffee, desert, they even put it in sauces, breaded meat products, burgers, you name it. It's everywhere, it's physically addictive and is a drug that most people are addicted to. But big time mafia-like businesses make way too much money every second of the day selling it all over the place. Remember the drink milk love life ads? Propaganda at its finest, and it sure as hell worked. Everyone is convinced they need it and that it's healthy, and their sales went through the roof. It wreaks havoc on your body, because you're not a baby cow.

/rant

lol

Its a good thing I dont put ice cream on my bowl of bacon then :blink:

It has been a long time since l have chimmed in but this has to be one of the most informative bacon discussions ever. :w00t:

What it comes down to is choises and sometimes you have to have the poop scared out of you to make up your mind. After being in a hospital bed for 8 weekes after flatlining l made my choise. 160 lbs. later l have never felt as good as l do now. l changed how l ate and l changed how l lived with stress.

l still have my treats but they are few and far. But white sugar and white bread is hardly consumed by me. Back in the early 1900`s the average person consumed 1-2 lbs of sugar a year and now the average person consumes 21 lbs a month. l also eat natural foods (unprocessed)and l ovoid as much as possible corn syrip but they are in my treats. And trail mix in my new potato chips. But these are my choises but going from 360+ lbs. to 200 lbs. has changed my life. It`s sad but l lost another person that l was carring around with me. Be informed about what you are putting into your body. Oh ya l still eat Bacon.

It has been a long time since l have chimmed in but this has to be one of the most informative bacon discussions ever. :w00t:

What it comes down to is choises and sometimes you have to have the poop scared out of you to make up your mind. After being in a hospital bed for 8 weekes after flatlining l made my choise. 160 lbs. later l have never felt as good as l do now. l changed how l ate and l changed how l lived with stress.

l still have my treats but they are few and far. But white sugar and white bread is hardly consumed by me. Back in the early 1900`s the average person consumed 1-2 lbs of sugar a year and now the average person consumes 21 lbs a month. l also eat natural foods (unprocessed)and l ovoid as much as possible corn syrip but they are in my treats. And trail mix in my new potato chips. But these are my choises but going from 360+ lbs. to 200 lbs. has changed my life. It`s sad but l lost another person that l was carring around with me. Be informed about what you are putting into your body. Oh ya l still eat Bacon.

Thats awesome to hear! Good on you, and I'm sure if you further educate yourself you will continue down a much healthier/happier life.

clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

ok, so what i've gathered from this is Vegans are the enemy, eating all the grains that we need to feed our beautiful bacon building buddies. So I say chop all the vegans and feed em to the pigs, and I'll take a nice cold Steamwhistle with my bacon... just kidding, Im just a little worried. I already hate paying more than 3.50 a lb. while we are on the topic, I just had some amazing ribs for dinner. :D

ok, so what i've gathered from this is Vegans are the enemy, eating all the grains that we need to feed our beautiful bacon building buddies. So I say chop all the vegans and feed em to the pigs, and I'll take a nice cold Steamwhistle with my bacon... just kidding, Im just a little worried. I already hate paying more than 3.50 a lb. while we are on the topic, I just had some amazing ribs for dinner. :D

I went the hypocrite route, full out. We had BBQ'd pork steaks covered in Blueberry compote. Total form over function. But serotonin and dopamine are definitely chillin at the moment thumbsup_anim.gif

Dairy might have its drawbacks. But without it we wouldnt have our good friends cheddar, mozzarella, asiago, bocconcini, parmesan, ricotta, blue, feta, romano, brie in all its awesome forms, and all the cream sauces and desserts one could think of. I know its not bacon but if given the choice... Ive thought it over and bacon wins by a slim margin. Boy is dairy tasty though!

Dairy might have its drawbacks. But without it we wouldnt have our good friends cheddar, mozzarella, asiago, bocconcini, parmesan, ricotta, blue, feta, romano, brie in all its awesome forms, and all the cream sauces and desserts one could think of. I know its not bacon but if given the choice... Ive thought it over and bacon wins by a slim margin. Boy is dairy tasty though!

Real, undenatured dairy has little to complain about. thumbsup_anim.gif

Plus, it has caloric value (amino acids)

It's the processed stuff that useless.

I've seen one beef loin in 6 years come in with a tumour, and it was on usda select striploin portions. Butchering has changed drastically for the better in the last 10 years.

And by the way, when it happened we had to scan the product out of our database, take pictures and immediately report it to the processing plant to gain a credit.

Edited by Rich

Recent research has discovered that saliva is carcinogenic, but only if swallowed in small quantities over a long period!:w00t:

Whenever I order french fries and gravy I feel guilty, so I order a diet Coke with it!

Cereal bad for us?? You gotta be kiddin'. Mankind has been eating it forever. Grains and cereals were some of our first foods.