Gentlemen, this is frightening, and serious

Dave Bailey

And it's not a fad. Compared to the evolutionary timeline, eating wheat is the fad. Not eating wheat is the norm.

Man, I'm not trying to be rude or dispute you, but my gf and her family are all on that diet. Really bad skin runs rampant, fatigue is constant, heart racing or extreme low blood pressure... I dunno.

Everythings okay in moderation is more my motto. I'm not trying to bash your diet, just sayin I've seen it do some pretty bad stuff to people. Obviously you take it serious and keep your proteins, vitamins and carbs in check. All diets require supplemental adjustments. You can't ignore the nutrients that are in wheat and the fact that they must be supplemented in other forms, that's all.

I really wasn't trying to offend or start an argument. If it works for you, more power to you!

Well, the pig feeding part was in jest, but honestly, there would be far less chronic disease in the world if people cut out grains of all description - corn and wheat are the biggest culprits - and started eating proper food again.

Modern agriculture is extremely new compared to the evolutionary age of our digestive tract. I understand it's not a popular view, so I won't go on an on about it.

What is modern agriculture?

Has the base diets that are fed to todays livestock vs 80 years ago changed that much?(on my large scale poultry operation it hasn't changed a whole lot)

Or is it more of a case that after the animal has left the slaughter house and is now in the hands of a company that pumps it full of salt brine,breaded coatings,fat,sugary sauces,etc,etc,etc.

The first stage of "proper food" leaves the farm gate on a daily basis.

It gets de-railed very quickly IMO

The price of bacon has gone up $2 / lb.

Of course, so has the price of chicken livers.

Pigs can eat anything. That's kinda their thing..

For a fishing trip in the VERY near future, I just purchased a 3# pack of BACOOOON for $10......no price increase here on this side of the boarder... :)

Turkey bacon is a waste of perfectly good salt and smoke... not fit for human consumption... I could probably live without bacon (unhappily of course)but please, for the love of God, don't mess with my Prosciutto!!!!!

Ok, who am I fooling! I just hope that they don't realize how much we would really pay, for our bacon fix!!

HH

Pork has got to be the worst thing you can put in your stomach. I ate alot of it when I was younger and unaware of how dirty the meat really is. Nowadays I can count on my fingers how many times I eat pork in a year. Eating beef frequently is no better either. Most don't know that butchers are told to cut out tomours out of AAA meat and continue cutting the steaks. Sorry to ruin your appetite.

Edited by Fish4Eyes

Problem is, theres also growing demand for the meat. Growing a cow naturally cannot keep up with the supercow in terms of conception to tablefare. Also why organic meat is so much costlier than regular.

Edit to add that corn was a staple food in some cultures long before the Old Testament was even a thought.

Edited by Jigger

Pork has got to be the worst thing you can put in your stomach. I ate alot of it when I was younger and unaware of how dirty the meat really is. Nowadays I can count on my fingers how many times I eat pork in a year. Eating beef frequently is no better either. Most don't know that butchers are told to cut out tomours out of AAA meat and continue cutting the steaks. Sorry to ruin your appetite.

The way pork is now....VERY unlike yesteryears......it's not a dirty meat and no longer has to be cooked to a temp of 165 degrees...now they say pork can be cook to medium, unlike the old days where it had to be cooked to WELL DONE....... :thumbsup_anim:

Do you hold your breath when driving through Hamilton also?

Keto is good to lose weight if you're inactive.

I time my carbohydrate intake to 1-2 hours post-workout for maximum insulin sensitivity.

And then it isn't bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, it's apples, strawberries, bananas etc.

This is the only time a person "should" ingest carbohydrates. But remember, "post workout" doesn't necessarily mean weightlifting. It would include any time after physical load ie cardiovascular type activities, or other physically demanding life events.

Simple sugars are the most effective at replenishing glycogen stores after physical events. Dextrose probably the most effective. Fructose is not very effective for this.

When insulin sensitivity is peak, the body is in prime nutrient storage mode. Its the one time where the only requirements should be lean proteins and simple sugars. The next meal after physical bouts, should again contain lean proteins, but focus on healthy fats, for many complicated reasons, but one simple reason is the prevent spikes in blood sugar, and slow nutrient partitioning to the bodies advantage.

One thing is for certain, humans need healthy fats and healthy proteins to live, and the quality of those proteins and fat are direct contributions to the quality of our lives.

Sugars are not needed, and never were. Glycogen is easily maintained by the body through glucogenisis. Using amino acids found in the ingested proteins, to convert them into usable forms of glycogen

That being said, I do ingest simple sugars after physical load because its my contribution to making my body more efficient in metabolism. Although it is not NEEDED, it does exhibit a positive influence on what I am achieving on a metabolic level

Sinclair has obviously done his homework. Your raising very valid points along the way. Good on you thumbsup_anim.gif

Edited by manitoubass2