hopefully a sign of things to come

fatherof3

Every since moving to Wallaceburg from Paris, the fishing has been frustrating to say the least. I have a river right across the street from me but so far have only been catching small fish such as rock bass and bluegills. This is fine for the kids but not me lol. Lately though the fish are getting bigger so figured I would post my first report from here.This one put up a nice fight and ended up going to an older guy in my building who was going to smoke it.

a.jpg

Was surprised when this hit about a foot from shore hitting a worm I was floating.

IMG123a.jpg

My fiances two year old actually caught this one.It is his biggest fish so far and he did it himself.

IMG124a.jpg

Finally I went out last night for an hour by myself and ended up catching three all about this size.

IMG125a.jpg

I know they are not the biggest fish in the world but after catching nothing but tiny fish for the longest time I will gladly take them lol. Hopefully it means I am finally starting to figure the river out and will start getting into the big fish I know are there.

I find this is a pretty wonky year , most likely the heat and the water levels .

Up untill the middle of August i was catching nothing but chub , pans , rockies and minnow size bass , untill one day , boom .

Now the fish have been bigger every time i go out , and the chub seem to have moved off ... or have became lunch for the bass .

Iether way things seem to be getting better here too now that a bit of rain and cooler weather has come along .