Best place for Pike within 3hrs of Toronto

hungryforpike

Greetings all,

I am in the process of planning a overnighter, weekend trip with a few buddies. We will be targeting Pike specifically. If you could fish any body of water within 3hrs of Toronto for pike, where would it be? We do not want to fish anywhere in Lake Ontario and have had our fill of Dalrymple this season..so they are off the list. Thanks all!

HFP

I've done all right for pike in long point inner bay.

It's probably pretty tough to find them this time of year though as they head deeper.

I would also recommend Mitchell's Bay in Lake St. Clair. You may end up with some Musky though.

I also second the Moon River....

The pike in the Moon have been in deep water, and are just now starting to come out to play, and as the water cools, they'll get busier. The bass fishing has been good!

If you decide on that area, for lodging, you can call call George Grisdale at

705-375-2495, or Woods Bay Lodge at 705-375-5395.

Well that is a few votes for Moon..i think that may be the ticket. Any details on the body of water, big open rough water or small and calm? This cooler weather isn't great for day to day, but if it is waking the pike up..that is great news.

HFP

The pike in the Moon have been in deep water, and are just now starting to come out to play, and as the water cools, they'll get busier. The bass fishing has been good!

If you decide on that area, for lodging, you can call call George Grisdale at

705-375-2495, or Woods Bay Lodge at 705-375-5395.

The Key River, north of Parry Sound, produces lots of Pike, some monsters. It's on the outside edge of your 3h limit from TO but well worth it. The river has miles of sheltered waters for the rough days, and the archipelago at the mouth opens up into Georgian Bay if you feel like some open water time.