Fish-A-Thon For a Cure Musky Karma

Handlebarz

Ok so I have been trying to get to this all week here it goes. During the springtime my wife and I ran an auction, which a lot of you already know and the funds went to the Fish-A-Thon for a cure. One item was a day out musky fishing with me on Lake St.Clair. The winners were local and it was a joint fathers day gift for both Jason and his father Pete. We had tried to get together a few times but weather and other plans kept us from musky fishing. On September 2nd we made it out.

I had asked them if they wanted to cast or troll I also let them know that I had the fish dialed in on casting so they went for that option. After a quick 5 min lesson for Pete he was casting the bait caster like a pro.

The morning action was fast with Jason having a follow with in 5 min of starting out I just cracked a smile, as I knew it was going to be a great day. Well after Jason missed about 5 fish I hooked into the first of the day a very nice healthy 48” it ate my Bull Dog a quick picture with Pete and off she went.

ffc5d0cb.jpg

Jason must have missed a couple more (I cant remember how many he missed boat side but it was all day) then Pete got into a nice healthy teenager a quick picture with his son and off it went.

3b94f723.jpg

I was up next with another teenage fish this time Jason took a pick with me this one had eaten the same Bull Dog as my 48” did a hour earlier.

ec32ddf8.jpg

Pete hit another musky this time they did not want a picture of it as it was the same size as the other teenage fish we had he said he wanted a big girl well a couple casts later he was rewarded with a very healthy beautiful looking 52 ½” girl that ate the same Bondy Bait that he got his other two fish on. The battle was on a few seconds later she was in the net what a beast it ATE the bait there was No bait sticking out of her mouth she swallowed it I had to do some emergency cutting of hooks with the only blood shed was mine the bait was out and she went home strong.

ad2edfb8.jpg

74099083.jpg

After we took a break to talk about that beast and the Karma we had already into this trip the next goal was to get Jason a musky he had so many follows and a couple lost fish by now but nothing to the boat. I got another small fish Pete got two gar pike funny thing non had a hook in its mouth one in its nose and one the hook was stuck into his bulldog and the gars bill was stuck in the shank of the hook.

Jason has his turn he has a great strike and sets the hook hard this time with in a min or so he boated his PB 49 ½”

c79f9b11.jpg

What a amazing day we were having this Karma was very cool but before we call it a day I get my turn again at another great musky it slammed my Double 10 Blazin Walleye Handlebarz after a two huge jumps we get her into the net almost a new PB for me but not quite 52”X22” my PB 52”X23” just shy what a awesome fish it had a large lamprey on it which you can see the hold on its belly from it flying off during one of the jumps. Like a dumb AZZ I had forgotten to empty my memory card so I did not get Jason’s fish or this one on Video but here is a great picture of her.

ffa4e1ea.jpg

40c0b1b1.jpg

I must say this was a crazy weekend with so many huge fish this trip was all about Karma it just felt right from the start as the trip was won for a awesome cause these two guys are solid people with family first attitude.

Here are two Videos from the day

Thanks everyone it has been a awesome few weeks out there a lot of work to find them but awesome results after. We had so many more huge fish on lost or just follow to the boat only sad part is no fishing for me this weekend.

This was the first time for the guys top go casting for musky they had done two charters before trolling but fell in love with casting.