hoping for some advice

fatherof3

So I moved to Wallaceburg a while ago and have all new waters to fish.The problem is the water here is way different than what I am used to fish back on the Grand,Whitemans,etc. I have managed my first musky(a baby at no more than 10 inches),a tiny pike,lots of bluegills,pumpkinseeds,rocks bass,A 12lb catfish and one carp.Also caught my first bowfin the other day but snapped my line bringing it up.The river problem here is clay and the water is always cloudy.River depth runs up to 18 feet.there is very little structure to be seen as it is rock walls that just drop right away.I have been trying on my own to figure this river out but am starting to get really frustrated by lack of size and quantity of fish.I have figured out that the most common colour for up here is white and everyone swears by it.I guess I am looking for any advice or tips to lead me in the right direction.I still have lots of water around here to explore and will be trying the St. Clair River again soon and still hoping to hit Lake St. Clair.Again any tips or suggestions would help and will keep trying.The main species in the river I can go after are pike,carp,bass,catfish and walleye

pike,carp,bass,catfish and walleye

Don't be so specific...

Most people would recommend a different technique for each of the species. For walleye in stained, featureless water it's tough to beat a bright coloured worm harness trolled slowly on bottom, and maybe a bright jig head and chub/dace jigged vertically in locations that look that they hold numbers of fish tight together.

For shore fishing, maybe try slip floating a leech six inches to a foot off bottom and letting it go with the current. I'd imagine that would catch just about everything.