Good place to get boat vinyl flooring in the GTA?

JoshS

Can anyone recommend a good place to get vinyl flooring in the GTA? Also, recommendations on what materials are better than others? I plan on redoing my carpet in the next few weeks, getting all the supplies together now. Going to lay down vinyl instead of carpet.

Also, might be a longshot but if anyone knows of place to rent out to work out of that would be awesome.

I used the Ducan and got it at home depot in Midland. Not sure if they carry it at all locations but I'm sure they could get it in for you in a day or so. One suggestion I would make is to have the boat outside when applying the adhesive. It is really strong. I wouldn't want to work with it in the garage even with the door open.

Check out Dundas Marine, or give them a call. We recently tore out the carpet on our 17 footer and used that textured vinyl that is on new boats. I think it's like 13-17 bucks for a yard wide and 6 ft long. Don't quote me on the prices, I can't remember precisely.

Home Depot has this stuff, seen quite favourable comments on it, probably what I am going to use in the off season.

http://www.ducan.com/

Ducan Dek-Master "West Coast Gray" was 100% match for my 1987 Starcraft and 2011 Starcraft. Very easy to work with and adheres very well on horizontal and vertical surfaces using 3M Spray Glue. Be sure to spray both clean surfaces and let the glue get tacky for 3-5 minutes depending on temperature and humidity. I absolutely recommend this product and Home Depot can have your order within a week.

Good to know!,doesn't get slippery when wet?.

I don't find so at all. Another benefit to vinyl, it won't stay wet for long. No puddles or soak-in like you would experiance with carpet.

Make sure you use vinyl that is marine rated it has different backing and a textured finish. The homeowner version will get water under the laminate and mold. I removed the center carpet in my Ranger and then skimmed the floor to get rid of any seams or dips and blems. They will show thru the vinyl if you don't.I used heavy craft paper to cut a template and then transferred it to the vinyl. I used a special marine adhesive that applies to the floor then unrolled the new vinyl into place. I set the edges on one side and then smoothed the vinyl down using a rollingpin. Any excess adhesive needs to wiped up as soon as possible. Let it set up for 20 min and roll again and removed adhesive. This all being said the vinyl flooring is not as soft as the carpet and if you fish barefoot it does get hot in the sun. I decided to keep both of the casting decks carpeted and the center section is vinyl to land fish and easily clean up after.

Art

If you're still at the research stage check out Duradek (Duradeck?) contractor in your area. I think you'll be surprised at the quality but might not like the price - it costs what it does because, well, it's good stuff! Doesn't cost anything to look into it though :thumbsup_anim:

Michael