Why is my tree doing this?

Joey

Had to take down a Norway maple in our backyard that was leaning way too much (and over the car and laneway) and a had a bifurcated trunk. In Toronto at least, if the tree was X diameter at X height, then it needed a permit. If the measurements were < X numbers, one was good to go to remove it. So we hired an arborist to inspect and give a report to the bureaucrats. They were being kinda dickish about it but we got approval. Cost some $ but it beat waiting for the tree to topple during heavy storms.

I think dropping this baby privately and sans permit (if you need one) is going to be a problem unless one climbs with a lightweight Echo chainsaw or one has access to a bucket. Much will also depend on your neighbours and whether or not they like the tree and don't want it gone (even if on your property, they could snitch on you if you cut it down without approval=fines) Going "timberrrr" could lead to major headaches.

Edited by woodenboater

I'll be right over in the skid steer. Take that tree down no problem in about 10 minutes. Get a a yard or two of new soil, and I'll remove roots and all. Hack the branches, fire up the ol chainsaw and make ya some firewood too. Start to finish, maybe two hours.

Only problem is I'm probably 20 hours away from you, lol.

I'll be right over in the skid steer. Take that tree down no problem in about 10 minutes. Get a a yard or two of new soil, and I'll remove roots and all. Hack the branches, fire up the ol chainsaw and make ya some firewood too. Start to finish, maybe two hours.

Only problem is I'm probably 20 hours away from you, lol.

Isnt it worth the 20 plus hour drive for 4 to 5 cases of beer?, im sure Joey and Paul would supply the fuel for the chainsaw, and maybe even the skid steer

We have great neighbours (they gave us a $200 bottle of Dom Perignon for our wedding day), and I don't think they'd give me a hard time about taking it down, it's actually leaning more to their house than ours, so a storm would take out their bedroom :o

I'll call the city tomorrow and find out what has to be done to get it taken down, if it's a matter of us just taking it down, we're good for a G2G tree taking down Brian :good::thumbsup_anim:

We have great neighbours (they gave us a $200 bottle of Dom Perignon for our wedding day), and I don't think they'd give me a hard time about taking it down, it's actually leaning more to their house than ours, so a storm would take out their bedroom :o

I'll call the city tomorrow and find out what has to be done to get it taken down, if it's a matter of us just taking it down, we're good for a G2G tree taking down Brian :good::thumbsup_anim:

Joey, can you put the beer in the fridge next Saturday? I'm leaving right now, but it's gonna take awhile in the skid steerwhistling.gif