Long Point Provincial Park Camping ~ Pic's

solopaddler

With the date for my Hudsons Bay trip quickly approaching I cleared my callendar this week to spend a bit of time with the kids.

Long Point has been one of our favourite destinations for a while now. It's close to home, the beach is spectacular, and many of the campsites are just steps away.

We were lucky enough to reserve one adjacent to the beach and just spent two glorious days basking in the sun. No bugs, warm sunshine, a light breeze and happy kids.

It doesn't get any better. :)

LongPointAugust2012001.jpg

LongPointAugust2012006.jpg

LongPointAugust2012007.jpg

LongPointAugust2012005.jpg

LongPointAugust2012022.jpg

LongPointAugust2012004.jpg

LongPointAugust2012021.jpg

LongPointAugust2012017.jpg

LongPointAugust2012011.jpg

long point's a great place - been there many times as a kid and later as an adult also. early in the bass season pitch a tent in the park and you're at the launch in the bay at 5 am easy-peasy. Unfortunately I'm sure you're aware of the area's notoriety for deer ticks and the undertow that lake erie is famous for.

I'm already looking forward to your report on your trip north !

Thanks guys, it was a blast. On a realated note I cruised the entire park to suss out the very best campsites for future trips. 'Course it's subjective, but if anyone's interested drop me a line.

Did you bring any sand home with you. :P

Just a bit. It's unreal how it gets into everything.

Already told you, but the rod is fantastic. It's exactly what I was hoping for. :)

I had a nice big fat tick stuck in the back of my leg after my last trip to Long Point. Hope you checked your kids over Mike! Looks like fun though!

My daughter had a panic attack when we walked past the park boundary. There's a huge sign warning about ticks LOL! We're fine, we didn't really stray from the beach.

Anyhow in my experience they're at their worst earlier in the season.

Love that place , usually go on may 24 and thanksgiving weekend. We've been lucky enough to be able to swim and have hot sunny weather, for 2 straight years on both weekends :) I also usually head to the little river you cross going in, its a great spot to catch perch from shore and cook em over the fire :)