Lake of Bays Public Launch

adempsey

Hey I live in Baysville the launch at the marina on North road is owned by the township and is a public free launch trailer parking is located 30 seconds away by the tennis courts. There is also one about 10 km up the road on old HWY 117 beside the Bigwin Island docks. Good luck

ian

I've been to a launch at south portage rd in the winter. Seemed like limited parking to me? The local guys might be able to confirm that.

I use the launch near Dorset off 35. It was great. Tons of parking. Google calls it Rabbit Bay.

Edited by N.A.W

I think there are two launches on South Portage Road, but I've only been there for ice fishing. I believe there is a launch on Portage Bay that is somewhat small, but I believe there is another one closer to Baysville in Lake of the Bays Park??? Can't find much information about this park at all. It doesn't need to be that close to Baysville, was just planning on fishing the "southern arm" of the lake in general - probably around Whitehouse Bay.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the document Wallacio!

Turns out the launch I was trying to find is actually one of the access points I used ice fishing last season. Sometimes it's hard to tell in the winter.

Edited by FishLogic

if fishing Whitehouse bay you want to use the launch at the town of Huntsville Dock . . It is located on South Portage Road however there is only enough parking for maybe 4 trailers. From BaYsville launch it would be 10 min boat ride max to Whitehouse bay. There is also another launch on the Dwight end of South Portage and a launch on Dwight beach road in Dwight

Ian