NF - Dave's Journey

Hey guys!

I don't often post video's on here, but I did a thread with some health tips from my friend Dr. Jamie a few weeks ago that was well received and I truly believe that what Dave has been doing lately is a real inspiration. At the end of last season he took on a challenge to eat healthy, work out and start running. Now I'm on the road with him a fair bit and because he lives such a fast paced life and works so hard I really didn't think he'd be able to find the time to do this. Well once again he proved me wrong! lol :clapping: He's the busiest and hardest working dude I've ever met and I'm here to tell you if he can find the time to do it, anybody can. It really is amazing....

Anyways, check out this video we put together... I'm proud of him..... and a little jealous... Time for me to step up!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5yhC3aimjfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers,

Ryan

Thanks for the replies guys!

crappieperchhunter: It's all Dave, I'm just the guy behind the camera doing my job! :thumbsup_anim: And not taking charge of my health like I should... :wallbash:

Your action of posting it here might bring about some positive changes for whoever views it that may not have seen it otherwise. Good on you for that :thumbsup_anim:

Now after I finish my Burger and Sweet Chili Heat Doritos for lunch I WILL restart my diet. But wait... it's the long weekend. I'll have to restart on Tuesday..Yeah Tuesday that's it :whistling:

Thank you all for the kind words! I feel great and can't believe how much this has changed my life & made it so much better. Trust me, fitness is the greatest gift you can give yourself. I still have a ways to go but trust me - I will get there. If this is something you are thinking of doing get started TODAY! Just go for a walk, that's all you need to do to start.

I started with a 30 min walk everyday. That was my goal; just to get my butt out of bed a bit earlier and walk. Before I knew it I was adding a bit of running, then all running. Even after running the half marathon I can honestly say the hardest miles I have done were those first few days when I forced myself to get up and start walking. But I did it & now I feel better than I have in years. Oh ya and the smaller I get the bigger my fish look in pictures lol.

Sorry if I sound like a preacher I just figured if this short post and video helps a couple more people to get a little more healthy then its all worth while. Once again, thank you for all of your kind words. They truly mean a lot to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I sound like a preacher I just figured if this short post and video helps a couple more people to get a little more healthy then its all worth while. Once again, thank you for all of your kind words. They truly mean a lot to me.

I hope those who need the inspiration take it from you! Thanks for sharing your journey with everyone. I can relate, and am down XX lbs myself (over 88 but not sure exactly, as my scale used to say Err2 when I'd stand on it). I can echo what you say - It is the best gift you can give yourself! I feel a whole lot better and my canoe floats a lot better, too.

I hope those who need the inspiration take it from you! Thanks for sharing your journey with everyone. I can relate, and am down XX lbs myself (over 88 but not sure exactly, as my scale used to say Err2 when I'd stand on it). I can echo what you say - It is the best gift you can give yourself! I feel a whole lot better and my canoe floats a lot better, too.

WTG Dave and Dana!

Dana, I am glad you are back. I always enjoyed your reports and your acerbic sense of humour.

Well done sirs,

Mark

Congrats Dave!

The biggest challenge is getting off your butt and getting outside, doing something. I did a fitness class last night (my first). It hurts like heck but if I keep it going, the aches will go away (hopefully).

I even took out my canoe yesterday with my daughter to a nearby conservation area. How was the fishing Ryan? Nice video -keep up the good work guys!

WR