A little Fatherly brag

Spiel

I thought I'd share my daughter Madison's (18 years old) good fortune in the photography department.

She is an avid photographer and has spent a good deal of her own money in pursuit of her passion.

She has been promoting herself for hire and has done well in that regard earning extra money for her post high school education. Recently she came across a contest being run by the Hamilton Port Authority and submitted a few pictures she had taken on one of her many walk abouts. My understanding was 15 public entries would be selected for the contest to be added to a public display in the Hamilton Art Gallery celebrating 100 years in business. Well God bless her efforts, she had one of her submissions selected and it was also used in promotional pictures for the event. I realize it's not a northern sunset or a lovely wildlife photo but it is what the HPA was looking for as it captures in part what they're about.

I'm obviously quite proud of her so I'm sharing the picture(s) here. :)

cid1x.jpg

cidimage003jpg01cd6b40.jpg

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I showed Madison this thread last evening and she was also very appreciative of the comments.

Ya right.

She probly said,Dad,why did you do that???????

Cause Im proud of you. :blush:

Good answer.LOL :thumbsup_anim:

Best to Madison.Nice.

love the picture it has the film feel to it did she shoot it with film?. it has the look of something that you would get with an old yashika or holga camera

spiel your daughter has good eye for photography

Edited by shadowfly

Thanks again all. Madison was at the opening by invitation but declined a news interview, said she was "too shy."

love the picture it has the film feel to it did she shoot it with film?. it has the look of something that you would get with an old yashika or holga camera

I've enquired and will post once I know.

The answer is......

It was film and yes enhanced but don't ask me how. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

btw, tell Madison I said Film Rocks (!) and if she bulk loads, I might have some film for her ;)

I'll have to ask her about that WB as I have no idea. dunno.gif

Also thanks again all, I'll show this thread to her (again) when she gets back from camping. I've no doubt she'll be pleased with the all the approvals. ;)

Wow! I just went through some of Madison's work on her blog. Fantastic stuff.

And I might add, a great looking family you have there Chris! It's also really refreshing to read/hear of/ feel the complicity between sisters.