Looking for tonneau cover

bassdreamer

Hey guys ..with the purchase of the new Ram,i'm looking for a folding tonneau cover for it .

Is there any products that you like or dislike ! I have checked out Action,formaly van and truck world .Is there any other stores i can check out !

Thanks Kim

I have this on my 2010 Ford F150 Supercrew and I love it! Only disappointment is how low the high cab guard is. Contact the manufacturer directly! I normally talk to Mike. If you have a business address to have it shipped to you will save a lot! LOVE IT!

http://diamondbackcovers.com/

Edited by zamboniwaterboy

I have this on my 2010 Ford F150 Supercrew and I love it! Only disappointment is how low the high cab guard is. Contact the manufacturer directly! I normally talk to Mike. If you have a business address to have it shipped to you will save a lot! LOVE IT!

http://diamondbackcovers.com/

A buddy of mine has a cover like this.. He's a contractor and has the bed full of tools all the time, then loads suPplies on top.. On the weekend, don't bother unloading, just puts the 14ft on the boat rack.. Very versatile set-up, pretty much doubles the cargo space.

I've been eyeing the "Undercover Flex" for $820 at Action. It comes in a little cheaper the the "BackFlip G2" and is virtually identical except for one feature. The Flex will fold upright and stay up on its own while the Flip has the cover leaning against the cab in the full open position.

Check out some youtube videos for comparisons if a folding hard cover is in your future.

A buddy of mine has a cover like this.. He's a contractor and has the bed full of tools all the time, then loads suPplies on top.. On the weekend, don't bother unloading, just puts the 14ft on the boat rack.. Very versatile set-up, pretty much doubles the cargo space.

I leave stuff locked under it all the time. Will carry 1600lb on top if you get the HD! Lots of options. I like mine with the Line-x spray! Solid, convenient, water tight, easy to install and uninstall. Great at the drive in, just put the chairs on top and look over everyone else!

If you have security concerns you'll want a hard cover of some sort. An outstanding value in a folding style vinyl cover is Advantage Torza Top which can be purchased in the US for about $350.00. The Torza Top is a lightweight tri-fold that can be installed or removed in minutes with no loose parts to store when removed.

I looked at the Extang and its not a good option for me;

It sits on the bed rails rather than within it which creates gaps/leaks on the Dodge as it has uneven surfaces.

The Extang only offers 2/3 access to the bed unless its removed completely. (which is easy if you're at home and can put it somewhere)

It looks like a nice durable cover but check out the fit if you see a Ram with one.

I looked at the Extang and its not a good option for me;

It sits on the bed rails rather than within it which creates gaps/leaks on the Dodge as it has uneven surfaces.

The Extang only offers 2/3 access to the bed unless its removed completely. (which is easy if you're at home and can put it somewhere)

It looks like a nice durable cover but check out the fit if you see a Ram with one.

I just ordered the extang for my Ram, many people use them on that truck, the bakflip is nicer, at least it looks nicer, but its more expensive and the G2 model seems to be less durable then the extang, the bakflip f1 is better but again more money.

In my research i have found that both the bakflips and the extangs leak some.

I just ordered the extang for my Ram, many people use them on that truck, the bakflip is nicer, at least it looks nicer, but its more expensive and the G2 model seems to be less durable then the extang, the bakflip f1 is better but again more money.

In my research i have found that both the bakflips and the extangs leak some.

I think they're all prone to leakage if not installed correctly and that may be the case when I've noticed the Extangs on Rams in parking lots... who knows? What I've noticed is a gap where it meets the taillgate.

I just bought the Undercover Flex a few minutes ago, I'll post pics in a bit.

Thanks guys with all the options ! I just ordered the undercover flex this morning ! I noticed the bakflip g2 panals rub againest each other when you fold them together and that they lean up againest the back window ! Thanks SlowPoke for putting the pics up !

Good day. I bought a new Ram last year. Took it to Krown Rust for a linex spray. While there found out they sold the hard covers. For a lot less then I paid at an accessory shop.

So if you have one close by go and talk to them.

Good day. I bought a new Ram last year. Took it to Krown Rust for a linex spray. While there found out they sold the hard covers. For a lot less then I paid at an accessory shop.

So if you have one close by go and talk to them.

Thanks davew3

Thanks guys with all the options ! I just ordered the undercover flex this morning ! I noticed the bakflip g2 panals rub againest each other when you fold them together and that they lean up againest the back window ! Thanks SlowPoke for putting the pics up !

I'm happy with mine so far, it's been 15 minutes. lol

There's no drilling required for the drain tubes, holes are already there. The seals are a little lumpy because it was folded up for shipping but they will flatten out quickly in this heat.

IMG-20120723-00241.jpg

IMG-20120723-00242.jpg

IMG-20120723-00246.jpg

I'm happy with mine so far, it's been 15 minutes. lol

There's no drilling required for the drain tubes, holes are already there. The seals are a little lumpy because it was folded up for shipping but they will flatten out quickly in this heat.

IMG-20120723-00241.jpg

IMG-20120723-00242.jpg

IMG-20120723-00246.jpg

The cover fits like a glove ! I like the the way it is even with the top of the box ! Thanks for posting !

The cover fits like a glove ! I like the the way it is even with the top of the box ! Thanks for posting !

I like the flush fit too.

Another thing I like about the Flex vs. the G2 is the buckle for running 2/3 open.

The G2 has a D-ring mounted with one steel rivet that will rust and does not provide a strap while the Flex has a plastic buckle with two painted mounting screws and the strap. If I was really fussy, I might swap those out for stainless screws.

I have the Extang Solid Fold, I love that cover but it is not a good fit on my 2007 1500Ram TRX4. The outside of the box is not a perfect rectangle but the cover is. At the back the cover is perfect but at the front the gap between the outside edge of the box and the corner of the cover is 2.5" wider than the back.

At teh back it looks great but it looks like it is too small at the front.

Edited by wallyboss

I looked seriously at the Undercover Flex for my '09 Silverado, until I saw this.

All Chevrolet/GMC Models with a factory installed tail fin gate protector must be removed. You can replace the factory installed fin with a standard tail gate protector. The tail gate protector must be purchased seperately.

I'll probably be going with the BAKFlip F1

Edited by bdox