Fishing For A Cure For Cancer 2012

It's all over for another year!!! Hard to believe, but, a years worth of planning and work came to fruition Saturday, July 21st with the fourth annual Fish-A-Thon.

As in each of the past years the event continued to grow. More participants, more sponsors, and...MOST IMPORTANTLY...more money raised for the fight against the deadly disease that has touched nearly all of us!! I will let Dan and Ryan chime in with the numbers when they get a chance. As a teaser though, last I heard we were over $14 000!

We all couldn't have asked for a better day. The weather was perfect, and, definitely contributed to the joy that was shared by the participants. The size of the smiles made up for the lack of size in the fish, except for a carp that measured out at almost 30" to win big fish of the day!

The toughest part of this whole post is narrowing it down to about 55 pics or so. We are going to include a link at the end of the photos that will give anyone the opportunity to see/copy any of the 300 photos.

As volunteers for the event Juli, myself, Carl, Caelan and Ceagan would just like to say thanks to all who were there yesterday to make it such a great day. Once, again, I will let Dan (the sponsorman) chime in with the thanks to all the sponsors. I will say that a certain lady from Dixie Tackle once again went above and beyond!!!!!!!!

Anyways, enough of my yapping. Here's the pics from registration through to wrap up. Oh yeah, anyone that was involved yesterday give yourself a round of applause, people and participation are what makes this event what it is! Enjoy!

IMG_5976.jpg

IMG_5991.jpg

IMG_5994.jpg

IMG_6070.jpg

IMG_6078.jpg

IMG_6090.jpg

IMG_6096.jpg

IMG_6102.jpg

IMG_6109.jpg

IMG_6112.jpg

IMG_6115.jpg

IMG_6117.jpg

IMG_6123.jpg

IMG_6019.jpg

IMG_6029.jpg

IMG_6031.jpg

IMG_6033.jpg

IMG_6050.jpg

IMG_6054.jpg

IMG_6002.jpg

IMG_6009.jpg

IMG_6159.jpg

IMG_6153.jpg

IMG_6155.jpg

IMG_6167.jpg

IMG_6175.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg

IMG_6180.jpg

IMG_6185.jpg

IMG_6204.jpg

IMG_6199.jpg

IMG_6207.jpg

IMG_6208.jpg

IMG_6126.jpg

IMG_6128.jpg

IMG_6130.jpg

IMG_6140.jpg

IMG_6144.jpg

IMG_6146.jpg

IMG_6148.jpg

IMG_6150.jpg

IMG_6235.jpg

IMG_6236.jpg

IMG_6244.jpg

IMG_6251.jpg

IMG_6265.jpg

The best for last...with a whopping $1400 in pledges!! Amazing work, Tom!!!!

IMG_6272.jpg

Looks like a great day guys - Kudos to all who volunteered their time and energies to make this happen. worthy.gif

G and I hope to make it next year. So Frank - who won the biggest fish $20 this year - you or Juli?

(edit - )

forgot to say - this is a GREAT photo

IMG_6155.jpg

Edited by spincast

Awesome pics!

Huge congrates to Tom Cox who won most pledges. Tom is an inspiration, not only for raising so much money but doing it while fighting the battle himself.

Also a congrats to my buddy Matt who stole my boat, rod and lures and won the Big Bass Award.

I'm barely keeping my eyes open so I'll chime in more tomorrow.

Edited by Dan Bouck

Looks like a great day guys - Kudos to all who volunteered their time and energies to make this happen. worthy.gif

G and I hope to make it next year. So Frank - who won the biggest fish $20 this year - you or Juli?

(edit - )

forgot to say - this is a GREAT photo

IMG_6155.jpg

Just a pair of grandfathers doing what they do best. The kids this year were GREAT! I have to give a shout out to Jason and his lady-love Ashley, I had a great day with the two of you.

PS: Remind Ryan to NOT give me a squirt bottle next year :santa: :santa: :devil: :devil:

Check out Jason's band Crossley Hunter, they're easy to listen to.

(edit - )

Hope you both can make it next year!! As for big fish wager, we didn't do it this year. Seriously, Juli and I maybe fished for 2 1/2 hours. Most of our time was spent helping out, and, I wouldn't have it any other way, wasn't even going to bring our boat, and, the main reason I did was so we could get some shots of everyone else fishing.

I think my massive bluegill edged out her rock bass, lol!

I am very pleased to see that this event went very well again.. Hats off to Ryan & Dan for this event and every one else that participated in it.... Albert I know you did excellent on the grill Hopefully next year I will be back. Till then Born to Fish.. Forced to Work

not workin for me either.

HTHM, those burgers were damn tasty

Thank you but you probably had one that was cooked by Jason.

The link is working for me now! Thanks.

Edited by HTHM

awesome job by all the volunteers! And thanks to Julie for being the designated photographer, even though she took one of Rachel and I sleeping :P The pictures turned out amazing!

Can't wait for next year

Hahaha- you two are always fun to get pics of, and I couldn't resist the pic of you two sleeping!

But seriously, it is always a great time to be with bunch of great guys (knife weilding, spray gun toting Alberts and all!!) and to participate in something that is near and dear to us all. The sponsors, the awards, the prizes are impressive icing on the cake.

Dan and Ryan, and the rest of the volunteers--you outdid yourselves!

Hey guys! YOU ALL ROCK! :thumbsup_anim: I think that goes without saying... this is truly a group effort and every last one of you guys should be proud of what we accomplished!

By the time all the awesomeness that is the Fish-A-Thon wound down it was Sunday and Ginny and I decided to just stay the night and come home early this morning! Dan and I will follow up as soon as we can with closing details!

Thanks again - I'm proud of what we put together as a group and am very much looking forward to next year!

Cheers,

Ryan

Great report Frank and Juli!!

As this was my first Fish-A-Thon to participate in it truly was a great day and weekend. It is awesome how a bunch of people pulled together to make this event so incredible. Dan, Ryan, Ginny, and so many others behind the scenes planning, organizing and just busting their :asshat:'s to make the day the best they can for all the participants. My hats off to you........you outdid yourselves! . :clapping::thumbsup_anim: Looking forward to next year and doing it all over again.

It was also great to finally meet some of the members here and good to see some old faces too. Looking forward to November Mike!

Edited by fishnsled

Couple other things I wanted to say. As participants in all but the first event, it is amazing how much this has turned into a family gathering. The second Fish-A-Thon (our first) had, literally, a handful of kids. The last two events have had many children participating, and, it gives me hope for the future of our sport, as well as the future in general!!

Also, I find myself meeting more members of the OFC everytime. Was great to finally meet Spiel, aka the "rod-master" and his family! The perch rod he built and donated was a thing of beauty. The plastic it was wrapped in weighed more than the rod!

Thanks, from both Juli and myself, for the comments all!! Hope all who participated have had a chance to check out the Photobucket link and copy any of the photos of themselves that didn't make it on this post.

Couple other things I wanted to say. As participants in all but the first event, it is amazing how much this has turned into a family gathering. The second Fish-A-Thon (our first) had, literally, a handful of kids. The last two events have had many children participating, and, it gives me hope for the future of our sport, as well as the future in general!!

Also, I find myself meeting more members of the OFC everytime. Was great to finally meet Spiel, aka the "rod-master" and his family! The perch rod he built and donated was a thing of beauty. The plastic it was wrapped in weighed more than the rod!

Thanks, from both Juli and myself, for the comments all!! Hope all who participated have had a chance to check out the Photobucket link and copy any of the photos of themselves that didn't make it on this post.

Great pics Frankie and *Juli*, thanks for not only taking the time to take them all, but also for posting and linking them. thumbsup_anim.gif

It was my first outing to the Fish-a-Thon and though I didn't participate in the actual event I'm already planning on popping up a tent for the weekend next year and actually fishing it. My support will always be there as long as I'm able. ;)

It was wonderful to finally meet you Frankie and the Mrs' and see some familiar faces as well as some new ones, SRT8 comes to mind right off. :)

To those who made it happen, up front and behind the scenes, to quote Ryan, "You guys rock." clapping.gif

Great pics Frankie and *Juli*, thanks for not only taking the time to take them all, but also for posting and linking them. thumbsup_anim.gif

It was my first outing to the Fish-a-Thon and though I didn't participate in the actual event I'm already planning on popping up a tent for the weekend next year and actually fishing it. My support will always be there as long as I'm able. ;)

It was wonderful to finally meet you Frankie and the Mrs' and see some familiar faces as well as some new ones, SRT8 comes to mind right off. :)

To those who made it happen, up front and behind the scenes, to quote Ryan, "You guys rock." clapping.gif

It was nice to meet you to Spiel anytime you want to visit some of your old stomping grounds let me know some lake Erie steel perhaps ?

Heyo - Just adding a few pics of my own! Julie whopped by butt with the photos and for that I can't thank her enough! Glad to have your whole family on board! :thumbsup_anim:

We fished for 15 minutes before starting the day... something kept us from being able to get up as early as we had hoped... :whistling:

IMG_4943_2.jpg

Dan got a wee one in those 15 minutes... 2 actually... for a total weight limit of a half pound! lol

IMG_4944.jpg

Here's the big fish of the day - small for deer creek standards but that's all he needed... I always said if you want to win big fish go carp fishing!

IMG_4949.jpg

Laurie from Dixie Tackle hangin with the kids! She's awesome!

IMG_4953.jpg

Brian Beaumont won big fish last year and could have tied it this year I believe... a good angler and a good dude all around!

IMG_4954.jpg

Shawn's little man kissing a nice little largie! lol

IMG_4957.jpg

This guy was leading big fish for a little while! He almost took it to!

IMG_4960.jpg

Catch and release fishing at a young age! We do all this work to raise money for such a great cause and this kind of thing is an awesome bonus!

IMG_4961.jpg

Thanks Guys! I hope you had a blast and I can't wait until next year! It's gonna be CRAZY!

Edited by The Urban Fisherman