Bears

Flappn

So we have seen a bear in our trailer park up north over the last week on a few occasions. 2 nights ago at about 12 midnight sitting around having a few drinks we

hear some noise about 20 feet behind us around the BBQ. Turn around, there standing is a black bear. So of course panic set's in, people started to scream which woke up

a buddy inside the trailer sleeping. When he awoke to the noise, looked out the window and saw the bear standing beside the BBQ. He grabbed some fire crackers, light them

and threw them out the door. Bang Bang Bang....bear is gone.

So the owner of the Park was informed, he new the bear has been hanging around and he called the Ministry. He told them he saw the bear on a few occasions and last night was a little to close for comfort for some of his occupants...can you come trap/remove the bear.

Guess what their answer was. We have no money to come trap the bear!! I guess someone needs to get mauled before money isn't an issue. I hope it's no myself or my family.

I love nature and everything in it, however I am not cool with a bear hanging around instead of passing through.

I love nature and everything in it, however I am not cool with a bear hanging around instead of passing through.

I,m sorry,but this comment made me laugh.You are out where they belong.You are invading their space. Don,t blame the MNR.

All I can say is,BE PREPARED.

Edited by Misfish

I'd be really weary of a bear coming that close :w00t: those are the worst type and will continue to visit your site simply because he want's food. Fire crackers will only deter him for a while but beware.

If the MNR can't do anything about it.... well there's only one solution... if your a hunter, have your riffle close by and don't hesitate to pull the trigger when your family and you are face with life threatening situation.

I'm not saying to go out and shoot any bear at first site but only if he's persistent in coming around your area (your BBQ) only thing he wants is eat and he will if he has to eliminate you and your family to get to his food.

A few years ago, I was going to my hunting camp in a ZEC in Québec and when we got to the gate keeper to register, a bear was laying down in front of the camp... gate keeper had to eliminate him since he was trying to bust the back door down to get to the coolers of food :w00t:

All this to say, you don't play around when an animal is trying to get inside your camp for food and it places yourself and family in danger.

My 2 cents

TJunkie

X2!! Thats the main problem to begin with. Too many tree huggers!

I'm just a simple person so you will need to explain to me how a Spring bear hunt will solve this particular problem. Note he didn't say that there were dozens of them attacking the residents.

I'm just a simple person so you will need to explain to me how a Spring bear hunt will solve this particular problem. Note he didn't say that there were dozens of them attacking the residents.

Well here's a simple answer. For many years there was a spring bear hunt, this kept the numbers in check and still left enough bears for the amount of forage food they could find in the "northern" wilderness. As a result of the spring bear hunt cancellation, the numbers of bears have increased but the food source has not. If you're a bear and hungry, you start traveling, unfortunately southwards. Seeing as how you're from Burlington, a little further south, they have not gone that far..yet. Wait until they learn how to use the bus and drop by your place...for a snack or two.