Bulk worms in Mississauga

gordy28

The thread for Hamilton area got me going on this but I didn't want to hijack (if etiquette of the board says I should have posted there my apologies)

We are going on a trip in September where bait is not included-most reading has led me to believe worms on harnesses is the primary walleye tactic. Feedback seems to be that bait is expensive via the lodge

I bought a large worm box w food and artificial bedding to take with us to use out in the boat (will hold up to 12 dozen)

Love to get a flat of worms in the Sauga area instead of buying 12 dozen so from Lebarons at $2.50 a pop

Does anyone have any recos?

Also interested in any tips for prepping and care using artificial bedding (if instructions on package are the way to go-cool I can follow direction)

Thanks in advance

Gordy

Follow the instructions on the bag.Keep the bed box in the fridge. Use rainwater or distilled water to mix.Start with less than they say, mx, and add a bit as necessary.Bring the worms to a boil......No....just kidding. Put worms in fridge in original container until they are the same temp as the bed box.Then transfer over.You can buy food too in powdered form.easy to use.

There is National Bait Inc, that deals with just worms on Lakeshore by the Prominade. To my knowledge they are a commercial supplier, not sure if they will deal with the public but its worth a shot. Give them a call 905-278-1080.

They do sell to the public. I've bought worms there in the past. Just call ahead to make sure they have some bulk worms on hand, because of this drought.